Financial Services Sales Assistant
Company: Columbia BankSystem, Inc.
Posted on: October 11, 2020
- Provide variety of administrative support, which includes
answering incoming calls, organizing filing systems, coordinating
schedules and prepare correspondence and documents.
- Relieve Financial Advisor(s) of a significant amount of
administrative details & duties.
- Complete forms and process daily business as necessary. Send
various forms to clients as requested and required.
- Assist Financial Advisor with client support and time
- Process confidential information
- Open, maintain and service client accounts. Follow-up on
missing paperwork. Process new accounts and files.
- Perform daily business processing to include department mail &
processing checks and securities.
- Maintain client and mailing database. Update Financial
- Service clients through researching and resolving
- Provide quote information and mutual fund trade entry. Equity
trades can be entered by Series 7 licensed employees. Accept
unsolicited mutual fund and money market investment direction from
clients. Series 7 licensed employees provide limited decision
making investment decisions.
- Coordinate and assist Financial Advisor(s) with client events
by marketing, mailings, follow-up & assistance on day of
- Work with Operation's Department for account maintenance and to
initiate and update client instructions.
- Complete department projects through detailed involvement.
- Maintain client scanning system so records are accurate and
- Balance settlement account & review trade blotters.
- Review and notify Financial Advisor(s) of new referrals.
- Send wires as requested by Financial Advisor(s) and
- Provide backup support to other Financial Assistants when
All employees are responsible for internal controls in the
performance of their assigned duties. Internal Control
responsibilities are established in various policies, procedures,
and documents, including the Code of Conduct.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum securities licensing of Series 7 & 63
- A minimum of 2 years' experience as an assistant in the
financial services industry or related field is required.
- Must be familiar with investment concepts and terminology,
including investment vehicles, transaction types, and securities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
- Must be a self-starter and work independently with initiative
and limited supervision while working closely with clients and
- Must be able to prioritize and effectively manage multiple
tasks at once.
- Strong data entry, reading and comprehensive skills
- Ability to process confidential work
- Professional attire
Our Core Behaviors:
- Be Genuine. Conduct yourself in a consistent, honest and
compassionate manner at all times.
- Work Ethic. Be willing to go the extra mile for the customer,
whether internal or external.
- Influence. Be an active player in participating, building and
contributing to service.
- Continuous Learning. Commit to gaining knowledge, skills and
experience on an ongoing basis in order to better serve the
customer, increase personal satisfaction and improve Columbia
- Team Play. We win together. Individuality is encouraged to
advance and enrich the work of the team.
- Problem Solving. Bring creative, problem-solving mentality to
every situation. See alternatives, take initiative and assume
responsibility for your actions.
- Communication. Keep others informed and up-to-date. Actively
listen and learn from each other.
- Have a sense of community. We firmly believe that we're only as
strong as the communities we serve. Your involvement is an
important part of who we are.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Ability to sit at a computer monitor for extended periods of
- Ability to perform repetitive finger, hand, and arm
- Ability to lift up to 15lbs.
- Ability to effectively discern information and formulate
- Ability to reach, squat, bend, and manually manipulate standard
Keywords: Columbia BankSystem, Inc., Eugene , Financial Services Sales Assistant, Accounting, Auditing , Eugene, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!