Company: Bushnell University
Posted on: April 4, 2021
- Department: School of Business & Management
- Supervisor: Dean of Business Bushnell University Bushnell
University is a Christian, private, liberal-arts, comprehensive
university closely affiliated with churches of the
Stone-Campbell/Restoration Movement. From this unique heritage
Bushnell University embraces the ideal that we are "Christians
only" - but not the "only Christians" - and offers its resources to
students and congregations of many church traditions. These
students are affiliated with denominational and non-denominational
groups, such as Presbyterian, Baptist, Methodist, Foursquare,
Lutheran, Nazarene, Episcopal, Assembly of God, Catholic, and
Community Churches. The University was founded in 1895 and is
accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and
Universities. Job Summary The person serving in this position will
teach traditional daytime (TUG), adult degree (ADP) undergraduate
courses and online graduate courses as needed. TUG courses are
face-to-face in a 16 week semester. ADP and graduate courses are
offered as on-line courses delivered in eight week blocks. The
school of business emphasizes building a strong foundation of
critical thinking and the practical application of rigorous
curriculum, developed alongside industry leaders with current
market demands in mind. As a member of the business faculty, the
person in this role will be an integral part of the department and
have the opportunity to shape the accounting program . The school
of business has among its core values one-on-one and group
mentorship of students, and community involvement. The person in
this role will be expected to regularly schedule and lead
accounting department student and faculty meetings, and participate
in similar business school meetings. From time to time, the person
in this role will also be expected to interface with the community
at large and develop professional relationships beneficial to the
University and its students. The normal teaching load is 24
semester credits per academic year. Position Duties &
Responsibilities General for all Faculty
- Maintain a full time teaching load (or equivalent) as described
in the Faculty Handbook and as assigned by the department
- As a 'teacher-scholar' actively engage with students in
collaborative research and learning activities.
- Provide a solid role model of wisdom, faith, and service.
- Maintain and post regular office hours as specified in the
- Attend all regular and special faculty meetings.
- Serve on faculty committees, as assigned by the Vice President
for Academic Affairs and Dean of the Faculty within Faculty
- Submit updated course syllabi each semester to the office of
the VPAA for each course taught.
- Complete embedded course assessment and/or program assessment
activities in TaskStream.
- Facilitate the evaluation of each of your classes each semester
and contribute to the evaluation of the curriculum and instruction,
ensuring the delivery of quality academic programs.
- Contribute to development of library resources in area of
- Participate in academic and/or licensure advising, as
- Follow the current Faculty Handbook as it pertains to faculty
roles and responsibilities.
- Interact with the Registrar's office in transcript evaluation
and recording of student progress, as required.
- Actively participate in marketing of the programs as well as
forming partnerships with colleagues and students where
- Contribute to the integration of faith and learning by
addressing this issue in class and in curriculum standards.
- Fulfill any other duties as assigned by supervisor. Specific to
- Meet regularly with the Assistant Dean of Business, Leadership
& Technology, and staff to ensure operation of programs.
- Contribute to the innovative delivery of education in the
classroom and other (online) learning where appropriate.
- Provide a solid model of ethical leadership while fostering
academics and professionalism with students. Experience and
Qualification Requirements MBA or Master's in Accountancy and CPA
required. Doctoral degree desirable. Significant business
experience in the accounting profession required, as well as
knowledge of GAAP and IFRS. Competence to teach undergraduate and
graduate courses in accounting and other business topics.
Familiarity with curriculum standards, new program development
protocols, and teaching in online platforms preferred. Ability to
utilize Windows based software including, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
Experience utilizing e-mail for the purposes of organizational
communications. Listening skills and the ability to speak and write
clearly are essential to the position. Individual must possess
exceptional interpersonal and communication skills. Working
- Bushnell University employees must have a maturing Christian
Faith and live in compliance with the duties and expectations as
detailed in the Employee Handbook.
- The position requires a strong commitment to multiculturalism
- The position requires working in a non-smoking, drug free
- The employee must adhere to FERPA guidelines and student
confidentiality at all times.
- The employee must have high personal motivation, with great
attention to detail and accuracy.
- This person must project a positive, vibrant and professional
attitude in assisting people.
- This person must have high ethics of honesty and
confidentiality, with a genuine and gracious presence pertaining to
the students, faculty, staff and business of the department and the
- This position may require lifting up to 25 lbs, as well as
bending, stooping, kneeling.
- This position description is subject to change at any time. To
be considered for this position, please submit the following
- Cover letter addressing skills, experience, and knowledge
- Personal Statement of Faith that addresses:
- how a maturing Christian faith finds expression in the
candidate's personal life, family life, community life, and current
- how the candidate integrates faith into his or her work
- the candidate's understanding of and ability to support
Bushnell University's Theological Context for Community Life
- Contact information for three references, preferably including
the applicant's pastor or other appropriate church leader who is
able to address the applicant's faith background.
- Official Transcripts (Unofficial transcripts may be submitted
with the application packet, but official transcripts will be
required in the event an applicant is invited to interview with
Bushnell.) Dennis Lindsay
Vice President for Academic Affairs
828 E. 11th Ave.
Eugene, OR 97401 Please note: Incomplete application packets may
result in disqualification. Final candidate will be required to
undergo a criminal background investigation. If you are a qualified
individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request
a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your
ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a
result of your disability. You can request reasonable
accommodations by contacting Wendy Yamada at 541-684-7204 or
email@example.com. In compliance with the Clery Act, Bushnell
University provides our Annual Security Report & Fire Safety Report
. You may request a paper copy from the Office of Student Life by
calling 541-684-7345. This report is required by federal law and
contains policy statements and crime statistics for the
Keywords: Bushnell University, Eugene , Accounting, Accounting, Auditing , Eugene, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!