Engineer II, Telecom (Remote)
Company: PenFed Credit Union
Posted on: January 12, 2022
Are you looking to take your career from good to great? As an
employee of PenFed, every day is an opportunity to thrive, and be
part of a team working to ensure our organization is providing
world class service to our members, employees, and our communities.
We exist to help our members realize their full potential, educate
and encourage their dreams, and make every effort to follow our
mission and help our members "do better." Joining PenFed is more
than being an employee; it's about being a part of the PenFed
family. -PenFed is hiring an Engineer II, Telecom in Chantilly,
Virginia with remote options available. The purpose of this role is
to support an expanding enterprise with increasing demand on UC and
Telecom technology services and capability. - This position would
provide a seasoned professional with a strong mix of skills and
experience to help the team immediately and to grow into the
future. Responsibilities Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job
duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
- Implement systems in a phased approach of requirements
analysis, system design review, build, integration, and
- Lead the development of product/project requirements and
success criteria as part of the team.
- Provide escalation support to troubleshoot, maintain systems
and resolve issues and outages.
- Develop and maintain proper documentation including
configuration specifics and procedures, for implementation and
ongoing operation/maintenance of solutions.
- Perform routine operational tasks, verifying the
confidentiality, integrity and availability of all hardware,
resources, systems, and key processes.
- Review system and application logs, and verify completion of
- Serve as a key team member using existing technical knowledge
and have the skills to perform projects independently.
- Interact with senior engineers, management, vendors and other
stakeholders to identify areas of improvement for operational
- Accountable for delivering all assigned tasks and
- Participate in the planning and design of an enterprise
Business Continuity Plan and Disaster Recovery Plan.
- Comply with Security, Incident Management and Change Management
procedures and reporting practices.
- Maintain up-to-date detailed knowledge of the IT industry as it
relates to the technologies and processes in your domain.
- Develop and maintain secure configuration and operations of
in-place systems according to industry best practices.
- Participate in design discussions and ensure that designs are
aligned with the PenFed Secure By Design philosophy, the PenFed
architecture, and also the current roadmap.
- Remain an active learner in technologies related to your domain
and relevant organizational knowledge.
- Assists junior and subordinate staff in order to develop staff
- Participate in On-call 24x7 support with response and
representation on Severity incident calls Qualifications Equivalent
combination of education and experience is considered. -
- Bachelor's degree in IT or related field, or equivalent
combination of education & experience in IT
- In lieu of a degree, combination of education and a minimum of
six (6) years of related work experience is required that provides
the necessary skills and knowledge to perform all the essential job
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate with
- Effective time management, independent problem solving and
- Must be able to present system designs for user approval at
- Strong problem solving and analytic skills.
- Minimum of six (6) years of Genesys PureConnect experience
including systems management & administration
- Strong technical skills and experience in Call-Center telephony
and managing IVR call-flows
- Understanding and hands-on experience with implementing VOIP
- Understanding and experience in Telecommunication (Telecom)
infrastructure and user-facing applicationsLicenses and
- Genesys Cloud Certified Professional Preferred -Work
EnvironmentWhile performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate
noise.*Most roles require working in an office setting with
moderate noise and the ability to lift 25 pounds.* -TravelAbility
to travel to various worksites and be on-call is required. -Special
Message Regarding COVID 19PenFed is continuing to hire and train
exceptional individuals to help us serve our 2 million members both
here and around the world. - In light of the current situation with
novel coronavirus (COVID-19), we have modified our hiring,
onboarding, training, and deployment protocols in order to comply
with current local and state guidance around social distancing.
About Us Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country's
strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 2
million members and over $26 billion in assets. We serve members in
all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam,
Puerto Rico and Okinawa. We are federally insured by NCUA and we
are an Equal Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide,
via the web, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day. -We
provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including
robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time
off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our
larger locations, and more. -Equal Employment OpportunityPenFed
management will maintain and observe personnel policies which will
not discriminate or permit harassment or retaliation against a
person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, gender
identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, ancestry,
marital status, military or veteran status or obligation, the
presence of a physical and/or mental disability or medical
condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, and all
statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all
recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position
classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions,
transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and
conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation
against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or
harassment or participating in an investigation of same. -PenFed
will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a
disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the
essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat
to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat
cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the
accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human
resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at
Keywords: PenFed Credit Union, Eugene , Engineer II, Telecom (Remote), Engineering , Eugene, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!