Data Center Facilities Engineer
Company: BDR Solutions LLC
Posted on: November 25, 2022
BDR Solutions, LLC, (BDR) supports the U.S. Federal Government in
successfully achieving their mission and goals. Our service and
solution delivery starts with understanding each client's
end-state, and then seamlessly integrating within each Agency's
organization to improve and enhance business and technical
operations and deployments.
BDR is sourcing for a Data Center Facilities Engineer to support a
federal government client. The duties of this position can be
performed virtually, and the contractor may work remotely from
their home office, however they will be required to support EST
business hours. Some travel (10-25%) may be required.
Data Center Facilities Engineer
(Military Veterans are highly encouraged to apply)
The ideal candidate will be a Data Center Facilities Engineer who
has strong command of written English and functional understanding
of data-center architecture and engineering standards and
protocols. It is imperative the candidate is capable of
independently eliciting and capturing complex informatics,
engineering, and architecture concepts from broad technology
disciplines. High familiarity with ANSI/TIA 942/607/606a and
ANSI/BICSI Data Center standards is mandatory.
The candidate will interact with a broad range of technology and
business stakeholders, including Product Managers and Product
Owners, Enterprise Architects, System Engineers, and others to
support the ongoing development of Veterans Administration, and
work closely with Government and BDR staff on delivering documents,
validating datacenter assessments to meet VA datacenter standards
for requirements related to future upgrades.
Responsibilities and Duties (Included but not limited to):
- Authoring of technical documents illustrating data center
facility architecture and engineering.
- Curating and organizing documents specific to the customer
contract and deadlines.
- Gathering, analyzing, and composing highly technical
information required for the preparation of architecture documents,
white papers, training materials, installation guidance, reports,
powers, HVAC, network, internet carrier, and other specifications
or other customer deliverables and documents.
- Conducts research and ensures the use of proper technical
- Translates technical information into clear, readable documents
to be used by technical and non-technical personnel. Additionally,
understood by target audiences of varied backgrounds and
- Development of data center, computer rooms, technical equipment
rooms, and compelling content that clearly and concisely delivers
customer value and addresses customer standard requirements for
changes required by building updates.
- Work with a team by being a part of or conducting meetings with
SMEs/SAs to capture information
- Perform research on technical processes from industry best
practices and lessons learned
- Managing content development to meet formatting, color, design
and presentation expectations and executing quality control
- Participating in customer meetings to understand and capture
Required Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in English, Writing, or related discipline (
8 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for
- Outstanding written and oral English communication
- 5+ years of experience in technical writing, data center
facilities analysis, or equivalent.
- Experienced writing, editing, and publishing technical
documents pertaining to user manuals, training materials, technical
standards documents, reports, technical review, and
- Experience illustrating technical concepts and
- Knowledge and understanding of ANSI/TIA 942/607/606a.
- Knowledge and understanding of ANSI/BICSI standards.
Desired Qualifications and Certifications:
- Data Center Design ConsultantTM (DCDC) Certification.
- Certified Data Center Design Professional (CDCDP).
- Specific datacenter experience with Veterans Affairs and
In addition, U.S Citizenship is required. Applicants selected will
be subject to a government security investigation and must meet
eligibility requirements for access to classified information and
be able to obtain a government-granted security clearance.
Individuals may also be subject to a background investigation
including, but not limited to criminal history, employment and
education verification, drug testing, and creditworthiness.
BDR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, disability,
veteran status, sexual orientation, or genetic information.
Keywords: BDR Solutions LLC, Eugene , Data Center Facilities Engineer, Engineering , Remote, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!