Company: Danone North America
Posted on: October 11, 2020
At Danone, we believe that every time we eat or drink, we vote for
the world we want. As a leading food and beverage company, we make
healthy, sustainably-produced foods and beverages that nourish
people s lives. Some of our brands include Dannon, Activia, Horizon
Organic, International Delight, Silk, Oikos, So Delicious Dairy
Free, Stok, Two Good, Vega, and Wallaby Organic. And as the largest
Certified B Corporation in the world, we are committed to
redefining success in business to ensure that through our brands we
create real benefits for people, our communities, and the
With headquarters in Broomfield, CO and White Plains, NY, Danone
North America has more than 6,000 employees across the U.S. and
Canada, and more than a dozen manufacturing facilities across North
America. Our employees enjoy competitive pay and industry-leading
benefits (including flexible (unlimited) time off and up to 26
weeks paid parental leave), and share a common mission and culture
committed to both business results and social purpose. When you
join Danone North America, you become part of a global team that is
inspiring a healthier world through food.
Danone North America is looking for a Maintenance Manager in our
Eugene, Oregon manufacturing plant. The Maintenance Manager will be
responsible for maintenance management at the food manufacturing
plant with a focus on predictive/preventive maintenance and machine
Leadership / Management
* Manages site maintenance team.
* Provides positive role model for all plant personnel in the area
of safety, quality and productivity
* Provides guidance, instruction and mentoring for the maintenance
* Provides periodic feedback to employees in the areas of job
knowledge, performance and development. Provides training where
needed to improve employee skill sets critical to the success of
* Manages employee overtime and equipment reliability to achieve
lowest maintenance costs for the plant.
* Responsible for resolving maintenance employee relations
Maintenance and Engineering
* Directs maintenance prioritization, planning and execution for
* Prepares facility maintenance and maintenance projects between
contractors and maintenance.
* Manages maintenance schedulers in scheduling of work, developing
and setting objectives, monitoring of progress, and the evaluation
* Analyses problems and/or trends in plant maintenance and
recommends appropriate resolutions to minimize production downtime
for all areas of the plant.
* Staffs and directs staff activities to provide quality,
cost-effective support for all electrical, mechanical, information,
and process control systems while assuring compliance with Sarbanes
* Evaluates major sources of machine downtime and creates action
plans to improve machine efficiency and reliability.
* Communicates with the operating departments to maintain system
awareness and identify opportunities and provide technical
expertise for optimization of the process control systems.
* Coordinates corporate technology strategies with the information
systems shared services group.
* Optimizes plant energy usage.
Capital and Project Management
* Plans scheduled downtimes, shutdowns and maintenance
* Manages the execution of major construction and maintenance
Safety / Environmental / Compliance
* Leads the safety effort for the maintenance team.
* Identifies safety issues that may arise due to equipment
* Maintains a clean and orderly environment conducive to safe work
habits, encourages employee accountability.
* Ensures the plant is compliant with local state and federal rules
in the area of maintenance equipment.
* You will have a Bachelor s degree in engineering or related field
* You will have at least 8-10 years experience in an industrial or
manufacturing environment preferred. Prior experience in
food/beverage industry highly preferred with experience in
maintenance, engineering, project management and/or production
management.. Minimum of five years people management experience
* You will have experience in mechanical and/or systems related
technical training or equivalent experience.
* You have functional understanding of predictive and preventive
maintenance programs, work order systems and world-class
maintenance systems is desired.
* You have previous experience using a Computer Maintenance
Management system (CMMS) preferred.
* You have analytical troubleshooting skills.
* You have good verbal and written communication skills.
* You have Continuous improvement/lean manufacturing experience
* You are proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel,
PowerPoint and Outlook, Timekeeping software, PM management
Danone North America is a Certified B Corporation business unit of
Danone and operates in the U.S. from headquarter offices in White
Plains, NY and Broomfield, CO. For more information, please visit
Danone North America is an equal employment and affirmative action
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration
without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status,
genetic characteristic or any other unlawful criterion.
Keywords: Danone North America, Eugene , Maintenance Manager, Executive , Eugene, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!