Director, Programmatic Ads Platform
Company: ZYNGA INC
Posted on: February 23, 2021
AVAILABLE POSITIONS Senior Director, Programmatic Ads Platform
As a Sr. Director you will manage and drive the strategic direction
for team leads, helping them in developing, task planning, and
leading both on the technical and organizational aspects. You will
also assist with the management of resources in other areas such as
architecture, DevOps, and data engineering. You will own technical
design and be responsible for the development and operational
execution of the programmatic ads platform - demand-side,
supply-side, and related data pipelines & identity services. You
will create a working environment where top technical talent will
thrive and you will lead your team to deliver a top-tier suite of
products and services that will delight our portfolio studios. We
are looking for a leader with a demonstrated strong technical
acumen, who can not only suggest new technologies but also enhance
our current technology and raise the acumen of our technical staff.
You will collaborate closely with Data Scientists to build and
manage scalable and performant machine learning bidding models that
improve cost of acquisition. You will work closely with senior
product owners and stakeholders to help execute the core product
roadmap and report directly to the VP, Publishing Technology.
- Architect, and lead the development of Zynga's Programmatic Ads
platform - including but not limited to Demand-Side Platform, Ad
Exchange, Supply-Side Platform.
- Build, direct, guide, and review the work of the Programmatic
Ads platform, including integration to external partners, and
related data pipeline full-stack engineering team.
- Work closely with executive leadership of UA, Central Product
and Ad monetization to develop and execute on AdTech strategy for
- Work with fast-paced initiatives, overseeing projects from idea
conception and strategy development to deployment, production, and
- Work closely with other stakeholders to define requirements and
translate them into high-performance and scalable
- Partner with Product Management to drive the Ads and Data
Platform engineering roadmap.
- Partner with User Acquisition team and Game Studios to extend,
maintain, scale, and deliver products that meaningfully lowers
- Partner with Data Science and Analytics teams to leverage
insights from in-game performance into bidding models.
- Partner with Program Management to produce project schedules
and communicate progress.
- Partner with other engineering leaders - data engineering, game
- Align software engineering practices and products with
measurable business objectives.
- This is a hands-on role. You'll lead your team by example,
creating POCs to demonstrate ideas, peer code reviews, contributing
to production systems support and feature development.
- Previous relevant experience as a Software Engineering Manager,
Technical Director or Director of Engineering.
- Comprehensive knowledge of ad technologies such as Demand-Side
Platforms (DSPs), Supply-Side Platforms (SSPs), Ad Exchanges, Real
Time Bidding (RTB) and Data Management Platforms (DMPs) is
- Required experience working in highly scalable (> 100k QPS)
web services at low latency and data engineering. Experience with
ideation to launch of programmatic ads products within an
organization is required.
- Strong architecture design skills especially using cloud
- Prior 10+ years of development experience in Java/EE or C# or
- Deep understanding of programming language fundamentals and
- Strong knowledge of Agile project management principles and how
it applies to software engineering practice from development to
version control, code review, artifact creation, release
- Knowledge of Big Data technologies such as Redshift, Spark,
Kinesis, Athena, Hadoop is required.
- Knowledge of and desire to work in a DevOps oriented software
organization with the ability to design, deploy, and support a
full-stack service solution in the cloud. What we offer you:
- 401K Company Match Contribution
- Medical, dental, vision, EAP, life insurance, and disability
- Virtual mental health and neurodiversity support programs
- Family planning support program
- Generous paid maternity/parental leave
- Subsidized Back-up child care
- Discretionary Time Off policy for many employees
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Culture of diversity and inclusion including employee resource
- Work with cool people and impact millions of daily players
--Zynga is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our broad
community; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex,
religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age,
marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or
any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We
welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all
backgrounds. Join us! We will consider all qualified job-seekers
with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
#LI-LM1 Zynga is a leading developer of the world's most popular
social games that are played by millions of people around the world
Keywords: ZYNGA INC, Eugene , Director, Programmatic Ads Platform, Executive , Eugene, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!