Company: United States Bakery
Posted on: April 9, 2021
Vision House provides temporary housing and supportive services
to families with children experiencing homelessness. Our philosophy
of care is strengths-based, client-driven and housing focused with
an emphasis on long-term stability and resilience for each
Position Summary: The Operations Manager at Vision House performs a
critical oversight function for the Maintenance, Thrift Store, and
IT departments at our Renton Location. They monitor operations
throughout these departments and look for ways to support staff,
increase productivity, and lower costs. This person will often be
in direct contact with other managers within the company, working
with them to create policies to improve workflows and minimize
points of friction.
REPORTS TO: Operations Director
HOURS: 40 hours per week, Exempt
LOCATION: Renton, WA
Our new Operations Manager will enjoy the following pay and
- $55,000-$57,000/year DOE
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Retirement plan with matching employer contribution
- 10 days of vacation (increases with tenure)
- 2 days of PTO/Floating Holidays (increases with
- 12 days of paid holidays
- Generous sick-leave
As an Operations Manager your responsibilities will be divided in
the following areas:
Operational Management and Administration
- Develop team goals and objectives consistent with the mission
and vision of Vision House.
- Maintain and follow existing operational policies with an eye
for policy expansion and/or development where applicable.
- Oversee operational services and activities within Maintenance,
Thrift Store, and IT to ensure that objectives are met with
Fiscal Management and Administration
- Develop and support team leads in preparing an annual budget
for Maintenance, Thrift Store, and IT.
- Oversee and approve expenditures as necessary for direct
Personnel Management and Administration
- Create a work climate for employees and volunteers that
promotes successful performance of assignments in both detail and
- Ensure employees and volunteers continuously grow in skills
related to their job responsibilities
- Provide supervision and evaluation to direct reports.
- Develop, maintain and follow personnel policies.
- Plans and coordinates information systems with Operations
- Renton Site specific:
- Works with contract staff/vendors to carry out the day to day
technology needs of the organization.
- Initial first responder to information and technology
- Coordinate apartment furnishing needs between program,
facilities, and the thrift store.
- Oversee and manage all building-related functions.
- Manage and maintain long-term facility maintenance and repair
- Implement pro-active safety measures to minimize injuries and
- Work with contract staff/vendors.
Operations Manager Candidates should have the following
- Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field (Operations Management,
Business, or related).
- Three to five years of supervisory experience and proven
ability to manage teams and foster team collaboration.
- Knowledge of general Maintenance (carpentry, electrical and
mechanical systems, and repair).
- Excellence in organizational management with the ability to
coach staff, manage, and develop high-performance teams, set and
achieve strategic objectives, and manage a budget.
- Strong project management skills from planning to
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the
ability to work with outside agencies.
- Strong organizational skills with a focus on detail.
- Working knowledge of the issues surrounding homelessness and
Knowledge of fair housing laws.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office and ability to
troubleshoot issues with staff.
- Understanding or network architecture and client/server
- Washington State driver's license, reliable transportation and
- Must be able to lift and move 50 pounds.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule depending on
- Ability to work 1-2 evenings a week and an occasional weekend
- Active Christian faith and ability to sign our Statement of
- Working knowledge of Christ-centered servant leadership.
Vision House is a Christian service agency.Applicants will have
employment eligibility verified with E-Verify.
Keywords: United States Bakery, Eugene , Operations Manager, Executive , Eugene, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!