General Merchandise Manager
Posted on: January 13, 2022
Do you have a strong work history as a General Merchandising
Manager with a servant leadership style, who happens to be
considering employment opportunities? We offer a competitive
salary, paid relocation to Eugene or Springfield, Oregon. Plus
bonus, benefits, 401k, employer paid retirement and so much
- The General Merchandise Manager (GMM) is responsible for
executing purchasing, pricing and merchandising strategies in
support of our mission, overall business plan and strategic
direction-with a focus on assortment management, margin management,
and merchandising standards.
- The General Merchandise Manager collaborates as a stakeholder
with executive and leadership teams to understand our
- The General Merchandise Manager is responsible for supervising,
directing, and training the purchasing, pricing and merchandising
- -Collaborate with the company's executive management team to
establish purchasing, pricing and merchandising goals that align
with the company's strategic objectives.
- Communicate clearly and consistently purchasing, pricing, and
merchandising goals and objectives to effectively achieve the
company's mission and strategic vision. -
- Execute purchasing, pricing and merchandising plans and
strategies to achieve the company's business financial
- Effectively collaborate with internal and external customers to
achieve a valued outcome for the company.
- -Maintain a dominant selection compared to the market by
executing our product and merchandising strategies and
- Optimize profitability by driving sales, margin and inventory
to department financial models.
- Maintain or enhance our competitive price image by executing
company pricing strategies.
- Work with Buyers using effective negotiation techniques to
ensure optimal vendor programs while maintaining professional
- Collaborate with Advertising to drive sales using our weekly
seasonal plan aligning with our brand strategy.
- Work with Store Operations to ensure promotional and seasonal
plans are executed to company standards.
- Provide servant leadership and guidance to the purchasing,
pricing and merchandising function by overseeing product
assortments, margin targets, vendor negotiations, sourcing,
promotional planning, space allocation, merchandising effectiveness
and accountability to budgeted financial plans.
- Review key performance indicators for the purchasing, pricing
and merchandising teams; value Jerry's measures and metrics to
formulate action plans.
- Responsible to collaborate on Sales, Margin, and Inventory
annual budgets and hold the Purchasing, Pricing and Merchandising
teams accountable to plan.
We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity
for all employees and to providing employees with a work
environment free of discrimination and harassment.
Keywords: Confidential, Eugene , General Merchandise Manager, Executive , Eugene, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!