Company: East West Tea Company LLC
Posted on: June 25, 2022
East West Tea is seeking an experienced Sustainability Manager
to join our Sustainability team and enhance our sustainability
culture while incorporating sustainability principles and practices
into internal aspects of the company.
- Are you someone who is looking for an opportunity to join a
- Do you thrive in an environment where you get interact with
people across multiple business functions?
- Do you have a passion for teaching, training, and inspiring
others?The Sustainability Manager is responsible for managing,
owning, and improving sustainability systems within our
manufacturing facility while striving to enhance the sustainability
experience of each employee within our organization. This role
leads training, education, and engagement activities for
sustainability across our employee base. Additionally, the
Sustainability Manager is responsible for collaborating
cross-functionally to enhance and manage systems within our
manufacturing processes to optimize sustainability impact.WHO WE
ARE:At East West Tea Company, We Exist to Inspire. Our mission is
to be the best global wellbeing company enhancing the everyday life
of humans through their experience with us. Our guiding principles,
beliefs, and philosophies shape our identity. They are the essence
of our culture and define how we do what we do.We honor our people.
We are intentional with our products. We are authentic with our
brands. We Do Good. We are committed to sustaining our planet.OUR
INVESTMENT IN YOU:
- We offer competitive compensation, including a generous annual
- We have exceptional wellbeing-focused benefits including
health, dental, vision and alternative care, life and disability
insurance, retirement, paid time off, company picnics, social
activities, and a surprise every so often!
- We are located in Eugene, Oregon with a work from home option
that provides the opportunity to work outside the office up to two
days per week.
- As a certified B Corp, we're a company that lives our values
- We work in a LEED certified facility which prioritizes the
planet in our daily operations and optimizes our employee
experience while at work.
- We prioritize sustainability as a business by embedding it into
our values, our strategic priorities, our decision-making, and our
- Our Nourish Market provides employees subsidized healthy lunch
and snack options.
- We have employees that are committed to "Doing Good" in our
community and around the world.
- We are a growing company with products that customers
- We believe in investing in you and your growth and
- We off an opportunity for occasional domestic and international
travel.WHAT YOU'LL OWN:
- Create and implement opportunities for energy and water
efficiency in operations.
- Manage renewable energy credits and develop pathways for
on-site renewable energy adoption.
- Responsible for EWTC Scope 1 and 2 emissions strategies as they
relate to the facility.
- Identify, evaluate, implement, and manage opportunities for
facility waste reduction.
- Manage and lead the employee Green Team and the US Facilities
and Operations carbon working group.
- Design and manage sustainability activities and events for
employees and enhance our culture of sustainability throughout the
- Design and facilitate sustainability related education and
training for employees.
- Identify and implement opportunities for improved
sustainability practices across internal systems within the
company, including but not limited to employee commuting, business
travel and company events.
- Design and maintain systems for tracking key sustainability
- Cultivate and manage external sustainability related
relationships within Eugene.
- Support sustainability analytics requirements for carbon
footprint measurements and recurring sustainability reporting
requirements including Carbon Disclosure Project, customer-specific
requirements, and certification requirements.WHAT YOU KNOW AND HAVE
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum of 3+ years of relevant work experience
- Minimum of 5+ years relevant work experience in lieu of
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite,
particularly Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience integrating sustainability concepts into a workplace
- Sustainability experience in a manufacturing environment
preferred but not requiredYOU'LL BE A GREAT FIT:
- Responsible and a high degree of ownership
- Effectively managing a multitude of work responsibilities
- Solid work ethic, self-starter, and result-oriented
- Can make things happen by turning thoughts into action
- Effective in communication, both written and verbalPlease apply
directly to our Career Center and include a cover letter.
Keywords: East West Tea Company LLC, Eugene , Sustainability Manager, Executive , Eugene, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!