ASSISTANT GENERAL MANAGER - Shari's of Roseburg
Posted on: August 4, 2022
REPORTS TO: General Manager
POSITION STATUS: Hourly Non-Exempt
Position Summary: An Assistant General Manager contributes to the
success of The Company by overseeing food production, guest
service, team member performance, restaurant cleanliness and
administrative duties of the restaurant.
Essential Functions: To perform the job successfully, an individual
must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The
duties and responsibilities listed below are those that must be met
to successfully perform this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities or religious needs to
perform an essential function.
Hourly Paid Position: Assistant General Managers in California (CA
AGMs) are paid by the hour and will receive overtime pay according
to state regulations. They are required to clock in and out and
take breaks and will receive rest periods according to state
Guest Experience: Assists with maintaining maximum sales and
customer satisfaction by overseeing the production of quality food
and beverage served by a service-focused team.
Quality Food and Beverage:
- Set up your shifts by conducting line checks and bi-weekly
PPQCs on your shifts. Prepare and print daily prep sheets as
needed, oversee prep duties as directed.
- Regularly expedite the pass bar to assist in training,
monitoring, coaching and encouraging team members on quality food
production, plating, prep, temperature standards and ticket times
on your shifts. Follow through on restaurant plans to improve guest
satisfaction scores for food quality and speed of service as
- Set up your shift by completing a FOH log, make station
assignments, schedule breaks and conduct a pre-shift meeting to
communicate game a plan and motivate the team to ensure
satisfaction scores are continually improving.
- Work the floor and make contact with each guest by visiting
their table once during the dining experience to establish a
management presence, evaluate levels of service and coach team
members in providing guest satisfaction.
- Follow up and resolve all guest complaints received on your
shifts. Pass along compliments. Log guest comments in the Manager s
Proper Staffing/Quality and Quantity:
- Understand and adhere to The Company application process.
Provide information to candidates who inquired about applying at
- Be familiar with all FOH POS labor reports to anticipate
volumes and use scheduled labor wisely on your shifts. Assist team
members as needed to increase productivity. Be responsible for
finding a replacement for team member call ins that occur on your
- Assist your General Manager in developing team member schedules
by providing input on required staff based on sales volumes,
training needs, and team member skill levels.
- CA AGMs may fill other hourly positions for the purpose of
providing breaks to other team members or for the needs of the
Team Management and Development: Assist with developing and
supervising talented people by providing training and motivation.
Promote team member relations through consistent implementation of
company personnel policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all team members receive full and complete training
following The Company established training programs and conduct
ongoing training as directed by the General Manager. Along with the
General Manager, develop and train qualified team trainers.
- Along with the General Manager, evaluate team member
performance. Write and present reviews for team members that you
- Attend and participate in weekly manager meeting as directed by
the General Manager.
- Motivate staff by providing daily praise and coaching feedback
on team member performance on your shifts. Assist in maintaining
company recognition and reward programs such as the 100 Club,
anniversary, certification, guest feedback comments, company
contests, company promotions, and store s recognition programs.
Human Resources Management and Compliance:
- Ensure a safe and harassment free work environment. Ensure all
government mandated compliance rules are followed on your shift.
Ensure that team member policies as stated in The Company handbook
are upheld and incidents are properly reported on your shift.
- Assist with maintaining the restaurant s turnover rate at or
below company average.
- Write and present team member development plans and/or
disciplinary action for those on your shifts.
Sanitation and Cleanliness: Assist in maintaining established
restaurant system to ensure to ensure the safety of our product,
our guests and our team members.
- Oversee the completion of shift sidework and deep cleaning
assignments and monitor personal hygiene and uniform standards on
- Communicate restaurant s equipment problems to the General
- Assist in conducting safety orientation and food safety
training for new team members and monitor team member safety
practices each shift.
- Conduct FOH and BOH check each shift you work to ensure proper
temperatures, storage and handling practices for The Company food
- Conduct safety orientations and food safety training for new
team members and monitor team member safety practices each shift.
Assist with maintaining the restaurant s safety program and safety
Financial Management: Assist with building sales through community
involvement, implementing company marketing and maintaining high
guest service scores while maintaining food, labor and other costs
in accordance with company policies, procedures and operating
practices. Practice analyzing cost and developing action plans.
- Assist with maximizing sales by monitoring The Company Service
Steps and menu production on your shifts.
- Assist with managing labor on your shifts using available labor
reports. Assist with controlling food cost and waste on your
shifts. Assist with maintaining the restaurant s other controllable
budget as directed.
- Assist with entering food orders, inventory counts and team
- Actively develop and implement plans for improving the
restaurant s guest satisfaction scores.
- Properly complete shift and day close duties on your shifts and
complete shiftly, daily, weekly and period accounting duties as
assigned. Follow The Company Security and Banking Procedures and
The Company Cash-Handling Procedures.
- Properly execute restaurant systems on your shifts.
- Ensure that company communications are properly and effectively
communicated on your shifts.
- Develop your verbal and written communication skills.
- Inform the General Manager of any restaurant concerns you have
about product, procedures or team members in a timely manner.
Other duties as assigned by the General Manager.
- Seasoned Judgment: Takes all critical information into account
when making decisions; make timely, decisions.
- Coach and Develop: Accurately assesses strengths and
development needs of team members; gives timely, specific feedback,
and helpful coaching.
- Inspiring Trust: Earns the confidence and trust of others;
shows consistency between words, and actions; delivers on
commitments; produces high-quality work and demonstrates high
standards of ethical conduct; protects confidential
- Foster Open Communication: Creates an atmosphere in which
timely and high quality information flows smoothly between self and
others; encourages the open expression of ideas and opinions.
- Attracting and Developing Talent: Accurately appraises the
strengths and weaknesses of others; provides constructive feedback;
assists in developing successors and talent pools.
- Driving Execution: Monitors results; tackles problems directly
and with a sense of urgency.
- Professionalism: Consistently treats individual with dignity
and respect, recognizing the importance of cultural differences.
Embraces, communicates and demonstrates company values and ethics.
Maintains reasonable expectations of self and others when balancing
time and performance demands with personal and professional
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Able to read, write and communicate English well.
- Possess basic math skills needed to balance the till and
complete banking duties.
- Able to drive and hold a valid state drivers license.
- Able to direct, motivate and interact with team members.
- Possess reasoning abilities needed to direct team members,
monitor service and food production.
- Able to obtain and maintain an alcohol service permit.
While performing the duties of this position the team member is
required to stand and walk continuously for 8-10 hours. Team member
will sit occasionally each hour. Team member will continuously be
performing hand and wrist work including grasping. Team member will
frequently bend and twist. Team member will occasionally push and
pull..... click apply for full job details
Keywords: Shari's, Eugene , ASSISTANT GENERAL MANAGER - Shari's of Roseburg, Executive , Roseburg, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!