Retail Assistant Manager (Sales)
Posted on: September 22, 2022
At Talbots, we help our customers look and feel their best. The
Talbots Sales Manager (SM) partners with the Store Manager or
General Manager (the "Manager") to lead the team in creating a
hospitable environment for customers and associates alike. The SM
is a role model for creating exceptional customer experiences and
building enduring relationships both internally and externally. The
SM is responsible for driving the business forward within his/her
store specifically as it relates to selling and building enduring
- Is customer-centric and understands the importance exceptional
service contributes in growing store sales.
- Driven to create, build and cultivate relationships with
customers, Talbots associates and the community with a focus on
prospecting and establishing a strong clientele from existing and
- Ambitious and enthusiastic in creating an environment for both
the store and team to succeed.
- Reinforces consistent selling and service standards through
coaching, training and accountability.
- Passionate about selling and seeks organized, thoughtful ways
to drive new traffic into the store.
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills, a high level of
integrity, fiscal responsibility, critical thinking, and leadership
- Has strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task
in a fast paced, ever-changing environment.
- Professional, assertive and friendly with the ability to make
decisions independently. PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Model professionalism, strong work ethic, integrity and respect
for others creating an environment that positions Talbots as an
employer of choice.
- Educate, coach, mentor and inspire Client Specialists based on
their individual strengths, opportunities and needs. This includes
onboarding new talent, sharing product knowledge, wardrobing
/fashion trends, driving key performance indicators, etc.
- Model exceptional customer service and relationship-building
behaviors to drive customer loyalty
- and a sustainable sales trend.
- Create a collaborative, team environment where all associates
are held accountable and proud to uphold the same standards,
policies and procedures. Provide coaching and feedback when
necessary and address performance/disciplinary action when
- Assists management in leading the team as needed. Business
- Stay abreast of the business and competitive landscape, fashion
trends and key business drivers to strategically identify
opportunities that will maximize sales and ensure financial goals
- Analyze store reports leveraging store's historical sales data
with current sales goals to establish achievable stretch goals for
individual and team performance.
- Strategically identify, target and cultivate relationships
within the community that align with the brand and can help drive
incremental sales. Sales and Service:
- Model sales and service excellence creating a selling culture
where all associates align around the needs of our customers.
- Seeks to understand customer needs & wants with curiosity and
confidence through intentional conversation.
- Use company resources and personal leadership to facilitate and
sustain a strong selling environment that holds associates
accountable for achieving productivity standards.
- Exhibit knowledge of industry trends and competitive activity
and share this knowledge with the team.
- Lead associates in consistently marketing Talbots brand
initiatives to achieve key sales and service metrics.
- Demonstrate strong planning and organizational skills to
proactively contact clientele with the intent to sell in a way that
is relevant, timely and meaningful for her.
- Professionally represent the brand image and ensure all
associates meet same standards. Operations:
- Support areas of operational excellence as needed.
- Plan and prioritize tasks and responsibilities to meet the
needs of the customer and business.
- Protect company assets and maintain a safe work
- Follow all company policies and procedures as well as local,
state, and federal employment laws. QUALIFICATIONS:
- Two or more years of specialty retailing experience preferred
with an emphasis on selling. One year of leadership experience
- Strong sales experience preferred with demonstrated ability to
meet or exceed performance standards.
- An essential function of the job is the ability to work a
flexible schedule including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- An essential function of the job is the ability to move about
in a store including standing, walking,
- kneeling, stooping, climbing ladders, using stairs, carrying,
bending, stretching, twisting, or reaching out with the body, arms,
or legs, pulling and lifting objects up to 40 pounds. Sometimes
these movements are made quickly and repeatedly.
- An essential function of the job is the ability to navigate
computer/handheld systems with intermediate computer and
- Able to work cooperatively in a diverse work environment.
- Able to relocate and open to opportunities in other areas of
- High school degree required. College degree preferred. Note:
This position description is intended to describe the general
nature of work being performed by associates assigned to this job.
It is not intended to be inclusive of all duties and
responsibilities and is subject to change.
Keywords: Talbots, Eugene , Retail Assistant Manager (Sales), Executive , Eugene, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!