Director of Staff Development RN
Company: Avamere Family of Companies
Posted on: January 12, 2019
Overview Work where you make a Difference! Director of Staff Development RN: Avamere Riverpark of Eugene Full-Time Various Shifts Please apply online at Avamere Health Services 25117 SW Parkway Ste. B Wilsonville, Oregon 97007 The Director of Staff Development is responsible for planning, directing, coordinating, and evaluating educational programs for nursing service and other departments, performs clinical tasks and assists in other departments.Responsibilities/Qualifications/Skillset
- Ensures that employees receive compliance training and education necessary to perform their job responsibilities in accordance with Avamere Code of Business Conduct.
- Oversees the process for competency evaluation of new clinical department personnel; recommends progression to permanent employment or extension of orientation/probationary period for new employees.
- Plans, organizes, and implements ongoing education and training programs for licensed nurses, nursing assistants, unit clerks, and other ancillary personnel to promote the knowledge and skills necessary for the provision of quality care consistent with services provided by the center.
- In coordination with the Director of Nursing and the Administrator, periodically reviews the center Clinical Admission Grid and service lines to identify applicable advanced/as needed competencies required for clinical personnel.
- Plans, organizes, and implements education training programs to meet the strategic goals of the center.
- Conducts or coordinates certification or training programs for Nursing Assistants to prepare them for state certification/competency exam as applicable.
- Conducts needs assessment through review of survey history, individual performance and competency evaluation, center performance improvement trends, input from center department managers, and input from individual staff members, to identify educational needs to staff.
- Provides and/or assists employees to identify available resources to achieve continuing education requirements if applicable.
- Ensures the educational curriculum in the center meets or exceeds state, federal and accreditation requirements.
- Develops and maintains monthly and annual education calendars.
- Ensures educational opportunities are effectively communicated to center personnel.
- Provides clinical and classroom hands-on instruction, and on the job coaching to licensed and un licensed personnel.
- Coordinates and/or conducts CPR training for licensed personnel and applicable non-licensed personnel.
- Working with the Director of Nursing Services (DNS), ensures clinical competency of nursing staff through observed skills evaluation, and ensures completion of annual competency assessments for clinical personnel.
- Utilizes and disseminates current nursing literature and educational materials. Ensures staff awareness of current policies and procedures and professional standards of practice.
- Ensures staff education and skills validation regarding patient care procedures and equipment.
- Ensures that documentation for all training and education is completed and maintained in accordance with state, federal and Avamere Compliance program requirements.
- Maintains organized record of continuing education for each employee.
- Recommends staff development program and resource needs to administration for budgets and contains expenditures to current budge.
- Develops and facilitates and orientation program for all facility personnel. Orientation programs to include general orientation for new and rehired facility personnel and clinical orientation for clinical employees in accordance with Avamere policy as well as state and federal requirements and other job specific/roles based training as needed.
- Reviews new hire paperwork to ensure appropriate documentation is present prior to employee working.
- Plans, organizes and implements concise orientations for contract personnel.
- Coordinates students' clinical experiences within the facility; provides orientation for visiting faculty and students.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing, RN required, BSN degree preferred
- License as a RN in state employed.
- Valid CPR teaching certificate preferred
- IV Instructor Certification preferred
- Certified Infection Control Nurse preferred
- ACLS certification preferred
- Current with state Continuing Education (CE) requirements Experience:
- Three (3) years of nursing experience, of which one (1) year was in a long term care environment.
- One (1) year experience as an instructor preferred.
- One (1) year acute care experience preferred. Facility Information The Avamere Family of Companies takes a holistic approach to post-acute care. We have designed a service that combines all of healthcare companies and healthcare professionals tied by the common goal of providing seamless care and support for all of our patients. As a part of the Avamere Family of Companies, we embrace our mission "to enhance the life of everyone we serve." Being a part of Avamere provides us with comprehensive clinical resources such as therapy, home health, and hospice care to best serve our Independent and Assisted Living residents. The Avamere Family of Companies takes a holistic approach to post-acute care. We have designed a service that combines all of healthcare companies and healthcare professionals tied by the common goal of providing seamless care and support for all of our patients and residents. IND 123
Keywords: Avamere Family of Companies, Eugene , Director of Staff Development RN, Executive , Eugene, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!