RN Clinical Director
Company: Serenity Hospice, Eugene
Posted on: June 11, 2019
- Participates in operational planning and budgeting.
- Ensures that care is provided in accordance with Medicare,
Medicaid, Federal and state guidelines. Ensures that all direct
care clinical staff are assigned appropriately.
- Monitors business operations to insure financial stability.
- Monitors operational progress toward accomplishing operational
and strategic goals.
- Establishes and maintains effective, open channels of
- Fosters a no-blame culture that encourages reporting of safety
and quality of services issues.
- Ensures adequate and appropriate staffing and staff
- Ensures complete, appropriate and adequate staff development,
including orientation, in-service, continuing education, competency
testing and quality assessment performance improvement.
- Responsible for the management of the hospice program in
matters of clinical operation.
- Demonstrates exceptional service to patients, families,
referral sources, co-workers and other customers.
- Assists team members as needed to ensure that this level of
service is consistently provided.
- Active participant in receiving case referrals.
- Reviews available patient information related to case,
including home visits, to determine hospice/home care needs.
- Assigns appropriate hospice personnel to case as needed.
- Conferences with Medical Director regarding any questions about
an individual's eligibility for services.
- Ensures that Interdisciplinary Group (IDG) meetings are
regularly conducted and records maintained.
- Attends IDG meetings to facilitate coordination of care and
discussion of interdisciplinary group involvement.
- Assists clinicians in establishing immediate and long-term
therapeutic goals, in setting priorities, and in developing plan of
- Regularly reviews assigned patients' prognosis/decline,
medications, supplies, equipment and clinical course.
- Actively participates in and ensures compliance in the quality
assessment performance improvement program.
- Conducts quarterly record reviews and communicates findings and
recommendations to the Education & Compliance Department and
- Interviews, hires and ensures complete and appropriate
orientation and training of all assigned staff.
- Conducts annual employee evaluations for staff.
- Participates in/conducts employee counseling.
- Follows-up on any patient, employee, or customer
- Develops a report of issue, findings, and action plan in a
- Ensures adherence to admission, revocation and discharge
processes as per agency policy.
- Ensures updated policies, forms and job descriptions are
reviewed with appropriate staff and utilized in the
- Assumes direct patient/family care when needed.
- Participates in Administrator on-call program.
- Participates in clinical on-call, carries caseload as
staffing/census level mandate.
- Complies with accepted professional standards and
Competitive Salary; Medical, Company-Paid Dental, & Vision
Insurance; Life and AD&D Insurance; Short term and Company-Paid
Long-Term Disability Insurance; CE and Tuition Reimbursement;
Exceptional PTO schedule; Paid Holidays; 401k with match
Must be a full time employee residing within the agency geographic
One year hospice experience required.
Two years healthcare management experience preferred.
Maintains a current CPR certification.
Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured
Hospice of America was founded by a team of experienced hospice
professionals with a goal of providing exceptional hospice care
across the country. Our compassionate hospice team was born out of
the realization that while many hospice agencies are started on the
principles of providing compassionate end-of-life care, most get
bogged down in the complex business aspects of the healthcare
environment. The increasing complexity of insurance, Medicare and
hospice regulations causes many hospice providers to spend a
majority of their time dealing with paper rather than people. But
that is not the case with Hospice of America.
Hospice Partners has deep hospice industry expertise. By joining
our organization, hospice agencies are able to leverage our
business acumen and back office support, which allows the local
leadership to return their focus to patient care. Hospice Partners
is dedicated to the highest level of patient care and customer
service. We are continually evaluating our care from the patient
and family perspective as well as the quality of care and service
perspective. Our goal is to exceed the expectations of our
patients, their loved ones and our healthcare provider partners who
trust us to care for their patients at their time of greatest
Hospice Partners currently has offices in six states. The company
has demonstrated steady growth in each of our existing locations
and we are continuing to add to our growing family.
Keywords: Serenity Hospice, Eugene, Eugene , RN Clinical Director, Executive , Eugene, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!