Senior Manager - Environmental Health & Safety (EHS)
Company: Atkore International
Posted on: March 21, 2020
Atkore International Group Inc. is a leading manufacturer of
Electrical Raceway products, primarily for the non-residential
construction and renovation markets, and Mechanical Products &
Solutions for the construction and industrial markets. Our mission
is to be the customer's first choice for electrical raceway and
mechanical products and solutions, by providing unmatched quality,
delivery and value based on sustainable excellence in strategy,
people and processes.
Our business is comprised of two reporting segments, Electrical
Raceway and Mechanical Products & Solutions, with total annual
revenue of $1.9 B. Electrical Raceway has 2 business units, Cable
Solutions and Conduit & Fittings, totaling just over $1.4B in
annual revenue. Mechanical Products is a stand-alone business unit
with about $500M in annual revenue.
Our global locations include 66 manufacturing and distribution
centers in the US, Canada, the United Kingdom, China, Australia,
and New Zealand with over 4,000 employees.
We are currently searching for a Senior Manager - Environmental
Health & Safety (EHS). Reporting to the Conduit & Fittings Director
of Atkore Business Systems/Environmental Health and Safety, this
role's primary focus will be to support the development and
execution of essential cross-segment EHS programs to achieve
world-class performance. This position will be responsible for
supporting functional leadership and top operational leaders within
the Conduit & Fittings strategic business unit as an individual
contributor to ensure compliance and best in class performance for
environmental, health and safety across the company. This role will
be based out of one of the following facilities: Weatherford, TX -
Eugene, OR - Louisville, KY - Hobart, IN, Thomasville, GA - Tampa,
FL - Binghamton, NY - Santa Paula, CA.
The ideal candidate will have a bachelor's degree in Safety
Engineering or related engineering/technical field with 8+ years
progressive EHS leadership experience; or equivalent combination of
education and experience. Experience in lean manufacturing or
business system-based company is a plus.
Additional Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Ensure that federal, state and local laws, regulations, rules and
codes are observed throughout the 14 Strategic Business Unit
facilities including Canada.
* Direct continuous improvements in order to transform the
strategic business unit's EHS culture to one of best-in-class (zero
* Responsible for guiding the implementation of the Health & Safety
strategy and strategic objectives across the Strategic Business
* Lead the continuous improvement and development of initiatives
and programs to drive a Zero Incidents culture throughout the
organization, leveraging best practices and behavior-based
* Drive safety improvement in non-traditional work settings
(creative/design, virtual, at client site).
* Survey, compile, and analyze data relating to occupational and
environmental safety and health issues such as chemical exposure,
noise, dusts, vapors, mists, solvents, behaviors, and ergonomics
which are known or suspected of being real or potential detriments
* Perform measurements, safety evaluations, and hazardous waste
evaluations with corrective action follow through.
* Provide hands-on support at the operating site level.
* Monitor, analyze and evaluate metrics that measure effectiveness
of EHS Strategy implementation and overall compliance, provides
updates to leadership and determine the best path forward.
* Develop and execute information solutions to enable efficient,
accurate, and comprehensive reporting and information exchange.
Support management system implementation, training and/or
compliance as needed.
* Implement initiatives designed to identify, evaluate, prevent and
control EHS related hazards through means such as, but not limited
* Conduct comprehensive assessments of critical programs such as
fire prevention, emergency response, equipment safeguards, and
lockout/tagout, fall protection and correct handling techniques for
chemical, toxins, equipment, and other materials.
* Assess and optimize environmental management systems and
* Drive the implementation of behavior-based safe practices and
* Implement technical programs associated with facility risk
factors and asset base, including risk mitigation and business
* Drive cost reduction and efficiency improvement associated with
EHS-related engineering controls and processes.
* Plan, direct, and coordinate activities of employee(s) to ensure
goals or objectives are accomplished. Mentor, coach, train and
* Oversee the administration of Workers' Compensation program,
including working with the corporation to reduce employee lost
* Ensure timely submittal, acquisition and maintenance of all
environmental permits and reports to maintain compliance with state
and federal requirements.
* Additional duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's Degree in Safety Engineering or related
* Advanced degree (MBA, Master's) preferred.
* 8+ years progressive EHS leadership experience; or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
* Demonstrated knowledge of manufacturing, including
exposure/experience with environmental, quality, safety, and Lean
or Six Sigma principles is preferred.
* Proven ability as an individual contributor.
* Ability travel either locally, nationally, and/or internationally
30 - 50% of the time.
* High degree of proficiency in MS Office Suite, Outlook & Internet
* Significant level of knowledge pertaining to national and EHS
standards and best practices.
* Strong analytical, prioritizing, interpersonal, problem-solving,
presentation, budgeting, project management (from conception to
completion), & planning skills.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills (including
analysis, interpretation, & reasoning).
* Solid understanding and application of mathematical concepts.
* Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with
peers and colleagues across the organization, as well as, internal
and external clients.
* Ability to work well autonomously and within a team in a
fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.
* Ability to work with and influence peers and management.
* Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines and
* All associates must embrace and foster an environment that
supports our core values of Integrity, Respect, Excellence,
Teamwork and Accountability.
Our Culture Drives Value
Atkore's culture is created from the disciplined use of the Atkore
Business System (ABS), which is a critical part of our mission and
a foundational system based on excellence in People, Strategy, and
Processes, tied together with Lean Daily Management (LDM) to manage
and sustain the business we have today, and Strategy Deployment
Process (SDP) to create the business we aspire to become. Having
the right talent in the right roles enables successful ABS
execution, improves our customer's experience, and delivers
breakthrough results. Said another way, that's how we win!
Great Leaders Drive Value
Atkore is committed to creating an engaged and aligned workplace
that helps drive an accountable and performance-based culture. Our
team possesses a willingness to Strive for breakthrough results,
Stays focused on being standout leaders, and fully Supports
decisions of the Company after robust debate.
Atkore International is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not
discriminate because of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital
or family status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, military veteran status, or any other characteristic
protected by law.
Keywords: Atkore International, Eugene , Senior Manager - Environmental Health & Safety (EHS), Healthcare , Eugene, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!