Surgical Technician Certified (Pool) - McKenzie Surgery Center
Company: Surgical Care Affiliates
Posted on: April 4, 2021
Location: US-OR-Eugene# of Openings: 1Category: Per DiemSystem
SCA, a leader in the outpatient surgery industry, strategically
partners with health plans, medical groups and health systems
across the country to develop and optimize surgical facilities. SCA
operates more than 210 surgical facilities, including ambulatory
surgery centers and surgical hospitals, in partnership with
approximately 7,500 physicians. For more information on SCA, visit
McKenzie Surgery Center, is an affiliate of SCA
Our management team is focused on providing a high level of care
and communication to our patients, physician specialists and their
staff. We greatly value our patients and their families' confidence
in entrusting us with their safety, comfort, and convenience while
we provide high quality clinical care. Our physicians operating in
an advanced technological surgical environment enjoy a partnership
that provides an efficient extension of their offices for cost
effective alternatives, and time saving features to augment today's
medical practice. Our foundation, our team, our employees - we
respectfully pledge our commitment to provide training, education
and the advancement of the work environment through dedicated
- Generous Paid Time Off including 8 paid holidays
- Comprehensive medical, vision and dental insurance on day 1 of
- Teammate engagement week, catered lunches, car washes for
employee achievements, book club, birthday celebrations
- Family oriented environment
- Flexible work schedule - choose to work either 4/10 hour days
or a 5 day work week
- Excellent 401(k) Plan
- No holidays, no nights or call
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
- Functions as a certified scrub technician in the operating
room/procedure room under the direction of the Registered
- Assists with gowning and gloving other members of the surgical
- Assists with the preparation of the operating room for surgical
- Assists with skin preparations and with draping of
- Assists with care, preparation, maintenance and after-care of
sterile and un-sterile supplies and equipment.
- Knows and practices the principles and procedures of sterile
- Handles specimens in accordance with facility policy and
- Removes drapes at end of procedure, cleanses the patients of
prep solution and applies dressing as needed.
- Cleans and/or disinfects instruments and equipment after use
and returns it to the proper area for storage or processing.
- Participates in sponge, instrument and needle count with the
- Demonstrates ability to understand and use sterilizers,
high-level disinfectors, instrument washers, and other designated
- Demonstrates ability to understand use, function,
interpretation, documentation, and record-keeping of chemical and
biological indicators related to instrument and equipment
high-level disinfection and sterilization processes.
- Demonstrates understanding of operating room/procedure room
technical equipment according to manufacturer's guidelines, policy
- Assists with stocking, replenishing and preparation of
- Updates knowledge in surgical techniques and related nursing
- Checks updated schedule every morning and prepares room
supplies and equipment.
- Graduate of a recognized and accredited Certified Surgical
- Current BLS certification.
- Minimum 2 years previous experience in either a hospital or
ambulatory surgical center setting required. Strong Orthopedic
- Excellent knowledge of aseptic and sterile technique.
- Ability to tolerate prolonged periods of standing and
- Ability to perform lifting and transporting of patients; and
lifting of instrument trays and equipment weighing up to 50
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and to organize work
in order of importance.
- Ability to work effectively in stressful situations and in a
variety of peri-operative environments.
We value Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging at Surgical Care
Affiliates: SCA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy),
age, national origin, disability and genetic information, or any
other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are
required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
#SurgicalTech #SurgicalTechnologist #HealthcareJobs #MedicalJobs
#Healthcare #Health #SCA #SurgicalCareAffiliates PI133072366
Keywords: Surgical Care Affiliates, Eugene , Surgical Technician Certified (Pool) - McKenzie Surgery Center, Healthcare , Eugene, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!