Company: CommonSpirit Health
Posted on: September 22, 2022
CHI Mercy Health offers the unique opportunity to grow
professionally in a supportive highly rewarding work environment
and to satisfy your soul in the surroundings of a breathtakingly
beautiful natural setting. More than 100 years after the founding
of our organization the core values - Compassion Inclusion
Integrity Excellence and Collaboration - that guide our
interactions with our patients and each other remain the same. In
the welcoming embrace of these nurturing communities you will feel
immediately at home. -Roseburg is located on Interstate 5 in
Southern Oregons scenic Douglas County. The community is nestled in
a lush forested region known as the 100 Valleys of the Umpqua. In
many places you'll find it hard to maintain a healthy
work-life/personal-life balance because the pace of one is
indistinguishable from the other. Not here. Life never stops here
but it slows to an easy welcome pace. A traffic jam means you
missed the yellow and have to wait for the next green. A terrible
parking space is the one across from the restaurant instead of in
front of it. And the three words you may never hear are "Wow that's
expensive." Easy is the best way to describe life here.
Hard-to-beat works too.Pay Scale: $29.02 - $42.08 -Shift: - Casual
Part-Time, Varied -Job Summary: -Under the direction of the
Director and Supervisor of Respiratory Therapy, the Registered
Respiratory Therapist administers respiratory therapy care and life
support to patients with deficiencies and abnormalities of the
cardiopulmonary system, under the supervision of physician and by
prescription. -Essential Duties:
- Interviews patient and family members to obtain information
about home environment, family relationships, health and
- Reads prescriptions, reviews patient information, and assesses
patient condition, to administer respiratory therapy without posing
a threat to self and others.
- Observes, inspects and tests respiratory therapy equipment to
ensure equipment is functioning safely and efficiently. Adjusts
equipment to obtain optimum results to therapy. Orders repairs when
- Cleans, disinfects, and sterilizes equipment used in
administration of respiratory therapy.
- Sets up and operates devices such as mechanical ventilators,
therapeutic gas administration apparatus, environmental control
systems, and aerosol generators.
- Operates equipment to ensure specified parameters of treatment,
such as volume, gas concentration, humidity, and temperature, and
to administer medicinal gases and aerosol drugs to patients.
- Monitors patient's physiological responses to therapy, such as
vital signs, arterial blood gases, and blood chemistry
- Performs bronchopulmonary drainage and assists patient in
performing breathing exercises.
- Performs pulmonary function tests to be used by physician in
diagnosis of case.
- Assists in C-sections and Bronchoscopies.
- Responds to Rapid Response, Code Blue, and Trauma's in the
- Assists in Percutaneous Tracheotomies in ICU and Bedside
- Consults with physician in the event of adverse reactions.
- Maintains patient's charts that contain pertinent
identifications and therapy information.
- Demonstrates respiratory care procedure to trainees and other
health care personnel.
- Demonstrates ability in the care and handling of patients in
all age groups including, but not limited to, consideration of the
special needs and behavior of each respective group.
- Assumes responsibility as Lead when necessary. Delegates the
workload ensuring no compromise to patient care. Assesses
productivity during the shift with the authority to flex up or down
as workload determines need.
- Resolves any conflict or situation that needs immediate
attention, and records the details for the Director and
- Communicates with Director and Supervisor any personnel issues
that need immediate attention, as it pertains to quality of work or
standards of care.License/Certification:
- Certification as a Registered Respiratory Therapist from the
National Board of Respiratory Care.
- Current license as a Respiratory Therapist from the State of
- American Heart Association BLS for Health Care Providers within
30 days of hire.
- ACLS and NRP within 60 days of hire. Experience:
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently as part
of the care delivery team.Education:
- Associate's degree from accredited Respiratory Therapy training
Keywords: CommonSpirit Health, Eugene , Respiratory Therapist, Healthcare , Roseburg, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!