Company: Interpath Laboratory
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Interpath Laboratory is looking for a friendly and energetic
Phlebotomist/ Processor with outstanding people skills. Qualified
candidates will have a collaborative team spirit and a willingness
to support the needs of our patients as well as the goals of the
job and the team. In this role, successful candidates will be
responsible for all elements of the clinical laboratory operations
from point of patient reception, specimen collection, specimen
processing, and reporting for all entities owned or affiliated with
Interpath Laboratory, Inc. within area. We are excited to share
with you a short video that shows why the Interpath family is so
special. Please click here: Schedule: Monday - Friday days,
rotating Saturdays Essential Job Functions
- Performs administrative duties including providing excellent
customer service to all patients, clients and employees.
- Answers phones in a timely manner following company standards
on proper phone etiquette.
- Monitors for instrumentation alarms and responds to them in a
- Maintains an awareness of surroundings as part of expectation
to monitor for issues and safety hazards in the work
- Maintains a readiness to respond to colleague questions and
- Serves patients by identifying the best method for retrieving
blood samples and other specimens, preparing specimens for
laboratory testing and performing screening procedures
- Consistently monitors highly detailed information that requires
a high degree of accuracy, including, but not limited to verifying
specimen information, performing data entry, and properly
identifying patients information to specimens.
- Receives samples from clients and other Interpath sites.
- Accurately processes samples in timely manner to ensures
Interpath meets established routine and Stat turnaround times.
- Maintains specimen integrity from collection point and up to
point transferred to technical staff.
- Accurately translates physician orders and diagnoses.
- Packages samples for referral labs.
- Prints and distributes reports.
- Follows established safety protocols.
- Follows established daily checklist to ensure all tasks
performed on schedule.
- Understands and adheres to HIPAA policies, procedures and
regulations to assure patient confidentiality.
- Understands and adheres to Medicare rules regarding ABNs
(Advance Beneficiary Notice).
- Actively participates in departmental quality assurance
- Follows all established Internal Quality protocols.
- Judges adequacy of submitted specimens, using technical
assistance if needed.
- Covers work shifts, sometimes at different sites as needed to
ensure smooth operations.
- Reliable attendance and presence at work.
- Performs other work related duties as assigned.Benefit
- Medical, Dental, Vision with In-Network & Custom Network
- 401(K) with discretionary employer match
- Paid Time Off
- Free clinical diagnostic laboratory testing performed in house
- Education: High School graduate or equivalent
- Licensure/Certification: Medical Assistant/Phlebotomy License
(WA state only)
- Experience: Good communication skills; Accurate and detail
oriented; Good organizational skillsWe are a devoted team of
professionals that pride ourselves on building a vibrant work
culture where curiosity, persistence, and positive attitudes are at
the core. From a comprehensive benefits package to an ever evolving
learning and development program which fosters career growth - we
truly value our employees and are very proud of the work family
that we have built since 1967. Interpath Laboratory, Inc. is a
family owned & operated, clinical and anatomic pathology laboratory
with over 90 locations in Oregon, Washington and Idaho. We are the
Northwests leading, innovative laboratory dedicated to providing,
rapid, reliable, and economical laboratory testing services. With
over 50 years of growth and prosperity, we are the regions largest
independent laboratory. We emphasize the vital importance of a
vibrant work culture and environment where building relationships,
teamwork, and positive attitudes are highly valued!
- Laboratory setting includes numerous automated machines that
make humming and beeping sounds.
- High level of staff activity and interaction in relatively
- Must be able to hear in order to monitor alarms and respond to
any safety hazards in a timely manner.
- Regularly exposed to infection by handling potentially
- Wearing appropriate protective gear: Lab coat, gloves, goggles,
and face shield.
- Must be able to sit, stand, kneel, crawl, bend and twist as
- Requires walking on non-level surfaces, inside and outside the
office, throughout the day.
- Frequent bending and stooping.
- Typically stands for extended period of times.
- Ability to work long hours, and overtime, as needed.
- Lifting up to 30 pounds.OSHA Category: This position performs
tasks that involve exposure to blood, body fluids and/or tissues.
All employees performing these duties are offered the opportunity
to receive the Hepatitis-B vaccination series.EOE Disabled/Veteran:
Interpath Laboratory is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides
equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for
employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type
without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin,
disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other
characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Keywords: Interpath Laboratory, Eugene , Lab Processor, Healthcare , Vida, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...