Float Pool RN/Registered Nurse
Posted on: March 14, 2019
Come join our Float Pool team at our University District campus in Eugene, Oregon. As a member of our Float Pool team, you will have the opportunity to work in our Emergency Department, Behavioral Health Unit, Rehabilitation, and Medicine departments. This is a 0.8 full time equivalent, Night shift position. Req ID: 165201 We offer a great compensation and benefits package and an organization dedicated to compassionate care and excellent medicine. Eugene-Springfield is the third largest metro area in the state and the largest community served by PeaceHealth. Home of the University of Oregon, Eugene boasts cultural amenities typical of much bigger cities, from the Jordan Schnitzer Museum of Art to the world-famous Oregon Bach Festival. Our flagship hospital, Sacred Heart Medical Center at RiverBend, is located on the banks of the scenic McKenzie River in Springfield. Follow the river a few miles upstream for pristine fly-fishing and whitewater rafting. The Pacific Ocean is an hour's drive to the west, the Cascade Mountains an hour to the east, with Central Oregon's recreational playground just a few miles farther. JOB SUMMARY Provides professional nursing direct patient care in compliance with professional practice and unit standards. Promotes a collaborative, interdisciplinary approach towards patients, families and all members of the care delivery team.
- Assess, plan, implement, and evaluate patient care needs.
- Documents patient care in the healthcare record according to established standards.
- Directs and delegates care to other team members in accordance with their education, credentials, and demonstrated competence.
- Ensures own professional effectiveness through education and professional development.
- Participates in the development of and maintains established hospital policies, procedures and objectives, quality improvement, safety, environmental and infection prevention program.
- Performs other duties as assigned. QUALIFICATIONS EDUCATION:
- Graduate of an approved school of nursing required.
- BSN or current enrollment in a BSN program preferred.
- Specialty certification preferred. EXPERIENCE/TRAINING:
- Two years of acute care experience or two years sub-acute experience in a skilled nursing facility as a Staff Nurse preferred.
- One year of experience as a registered nurse preferred.
- Six months experience in inpatient or outpatient behavioral health/psychiatry/community based mental health settings preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient's needs.
- Refer to the requirements for the assigned Float department. LICENSE/CERTIFICATION:
- Current Registered Nurse licensure in the state in which nurse will be practicing.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- ACLS certification may be required.
- Refer to the requirements for the assigned Float department. OTHER SKILLS:
- Demonstrated ability to promote positive interpersonal relationships and patient/family centered work environment
- Able to support and interpret medical center philosophy, policy, and procedures
- Basic computer skills SHMC-UD PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires active physical exertion up to 66% of the time
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments; reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration or attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
- Job duties may require use of additional PPE such as eye shield, respirator and mask. There may be more than one opening on this posting. Please apply online to be considered. For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. About PeaceHealth PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 900 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission. We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package and a collaborative, Mission-driven work environment! To learn more about working at PeaceHealth and the Eugene community please visit our homepage: Get a feeling for the Spirit of PeaceHealth through this three-minute video, and visit us on Facebook or LinkedIn! Questions? Review our Employment FAQ or email . Please note this email does not accept resumes or applications. Location: Eugene, SHMC at University District (422) Job Category: Nursing Shift: Night Shift Length: 8 Hours FTE: 0.8 Work Type: Part Time Hourly compensation starts at: $36.60, more depending on experience Required Certifications/Licensure: Basic Life Support; Registered Nurse - Oregon PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without regard to the following statuses: protected veteran; qualified individual with a disability; race; ethnicity; religion; gender; pregnancy; gender identity; national origin; age; genetic information; sexual orientation; or any other protected status in accordance with local, state, or federal laws. The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job. #GLDR PH123NR Posting Notes: Eugene -- Nursing -- Medical/Surgical Nursing -- Part Time -- ROUTINE NURSING SVCS
Keywords: PeaceHealth, Eugene , Float Pool RN/Registered Nurse, Healthcare , Eugene, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!