Posted on: June 15, 2019
Advantage Dental is an equal opportunity employer
(Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans). We recruit, employ, train,
compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed,
color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital
status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by
applicable federal, state or local law.
Job Code: 2018:ADG-025 Location: Eugene, OR - 17th FT/PT Status:
Part Time At Advantage Dental, we are constantly looking for
talented individuals who can deliver the mission driven service our
company requires. We are one of the largest Dental Care
Organizations in Oregon with over 50 clinics throughout the
If you are highly self-motivated, professional, and capable of
managing your work load and prioritizing tasks in a fast-paced
clinic environment, we have an excellent opportunity for you to
join a growing company with a consistent, fully booked patient
schedule, competitive compensation and benefits.
We are currently looking for a part-time Oral Surgeon to join our
team at our Portland clinic!
Job Responsibilities: Summary: The oral surgeon is responsible for
diagnosing and treating conditions, defects, injuries and aesthetic
aspects of the mouth, teeth, jaws and face.
1. Treat conditions, defects, injuries, and aesthetic aspects of
the mouth, teeth, jaws, and face.
2. Examine patients to determine the nature of the condition
affecting the patient, utilizing x-rays, dental instruments and
other diagnostic procedures.
3. Perform removal of diseased and impacted teeth.
4. Place implants used to replace missing teeth.
5. Provide preventive dental services and education in oral and
6. Prescribe medications as necessary.
7. Carefully document diagnoses, treatment plans, consultations and
8. Adheres to safety protocols and processes including but not
limited to ensuring protective equipment is utilized and
OSHA/Bloodborne pathogen requirements are followed.
9. Regular attendance is an essential function of the position.
1. Commitment to quality patient care and enjoy educating patients
on dental health.
2. Effective communication skills; demonstrates professional and
courteous demeanor with patients.
Exposure to Elemental Factors
- Occasionally (25%): Wet/slippery area, chemical solution.
- Rarely (10%): Marked changes in temperature; excessive noise;
dust, vibration, uneven surfaces.
- Blood-Borne Pathogen (BBP) Exposure Category - Risk for
Exposure to BBP.
- Risk of exposure to infectious disease during all patient
- Exposure to hazardous chemicals or substances.
- Personal Protective Equipment Required: gloves, scrubs/gown,
mask, eye protection. Must be able to wear appropriate PPE required
to perform the job safely. Physical Demands:
- Continually (75% or more): Sitting; keyboard operation; use of
clear and audible speaking voice; ability to hear normal speech
level in person and over telephone.
- Frequently (50%): Standing and walking; grasping/squeezing;
lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling 1-25 pounds.
- Occasionally (25%): Bending, squatting, kneeling, reaching
overhead; lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling 25-50 pounds.
- Rarely (10%): Climbing stairs, climbing ladder/step-stool
(varies by area); crawling; operation of a motor vehicle. Job
- Required Education and Experience
1. DDS or DMD degree, licensed in state in which practicing or have
the ability to obtain licensure upon graduation.
2. Completion of an oral surgery residency program.
3. Current Advance Life Support (ALS) and cardiopulmonary
resuscitation (CPR) certificate. Other Job Information (if
applicable): We are eager to attract the best, so we offer
competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including
full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), and
If this sounds like you, apply today!
Keywords: DentaQuest, Eugene , Oral Surgeon, Healthcare , Eugene, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!