Child and Family Therapist
Posted on: November 8, 2019
PeaceHealth is seeking a Child and Family Therapist for a 1.0 full
time equivalent Exempt position. This position will be working Day
shift with shift durations of 8 Hours.
Req ID: 172809
Coordinates and oversees the plan of care and service delivery of
behavioral health consumers across the continuum of illness;
promotes effective utilization and monitoring of health care
resources; and works collaboratively with the interdisciplinary
team to achieve optimal clinical outcomes. Provide services to
consumers with commercial insurance and Medicaid.
- Provides individual, family, group and multi-family group
therapy to patients with complex diagnostic presentations and
- Provides clinical leadership to team of masters' and bachelors'
level clinical and student interns.
- Assesses, develops, implements and monitors a comprehensive
plan of care through an interdisciplinary team process in
conjunction with the patient and their self-identified natural
- Evaluates and provides interventions to improve a patient's
cognitive, social, vocational, spiritual, and emotional
functioning, utilizing natural and community supports when
- Provides urgent/crisis evaluations, interventions, and safety
- Together with consumer and natural supports, identifies key
problems, strengths and resources to be addressed in the treatment
- May provide case management, coordination with other treatment
agencies or outside support services, outreach and engagement.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (required unless otherwise noted)
- Masters' in Social Work (MSW), Counseling, Psychology, or
Marriage and Family Therapy.
- Minimum of three years' experience in behavioral health.
- Experience in diagnosis and treatment of patients with complex
mental health conditions.
- Experience provided clinical supervision to bachelors' and
masters' level clinicians preferred.
- License in Counseling, Marriage and Family or related
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required at date of
- Interpersonal skills to obtain and interpret information
appropriate to patients' needs and age as required for assessment
range of treatment, and patient care.
- Proficiency with DSM-5 diagnoses and best practice treatment
interventions for a variety of behavioral health conditions.
- Demonstrated ability to promote positive interpersonal
relationships and patient/family centered work environment.
- Knowledge and adherence to ethical guidelines for behavioral
health clinical practice.
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Office applications
and documenting in electronic medical records.
- Effective prioritization skills.
COMMUNITY/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
- Oregon West Network - BHS Young Adult Hub:
- Responsible for community education and marketing of Young
Adult Hub and EASA programs to community partners, referents,
families, grant sponsors and other State entities.
- QMHP eligible required.
- Strong consumer engagement skills, working with young adults,
- Ability to work in clinic, community, and home settings.
- CADC preferred.
- Valid Oregon Driver's license required.
- Work requires normal amounts of physical effort at least 66% of
- Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate
lighting and ventilation.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and
attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
Please apply online to be considered. For full consideration of
your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit
Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington,
Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000
caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than
900 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural
communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the Sisters of St.
Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today,
PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues
with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social
justice in fulfilling its Mission.
We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package and a
collaborative, Mission-driven work environment! To learn more about
working at PeaceHealth and the Eugene community please visit our
Get a feeling for the Spirit of PeaceHealth through this
three-minute video, and visit us on Facebook or LinkedIn!
Questions? Review our Employment FAQ or email
Recruitment@peacehealth.org. Please note this email does not accept
resumes or applications.
Location: Eugene, Physician & Surgeons South Building (427)
Job Category: Allied, Ancillary & Clinical Support
Shift Length: 8 Hours
Work Type: Full Time
Hourly compensation starts at: $DOE, more depending on
Required Certifications/Licensure: Basic Life Support; Drivers
License; Licensed Professional Counselor - Oregon
PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment
opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without
regard to the following statuses: protected veteran; qualified
individual with a disability; race; ethnicity; religion; gender;
pregnancy; gender identity; national origin; age; genetic
information; sexual orientation; or any other protected status in
accordance with local, state, or federal laws.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature
and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to
contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all
duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers
assigned to this job.
Posting Notes: Eugene -- Allied, Ancillary & Clinical Support --
Behavioral Health/Social Work -- Full Time -- BEHAVIORAL HLTH
Keywords: PeaceHealth, Eugene , Child and Family Therapist, Healthcare , Eugene, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!