Cook - Full Time - Linus Oaks Village
Company: CHI Living Communities
Posted on: May 5, 2021
Job Summary The Cook prepares and processes food for the
residents, staff, and guests in compliance with all regulations.
Department: Dietary Reports to: Food Services Supervisor Essential
Job Specific Duties/Responsibilities
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of recipe food prep procedures
and production sheets and possesses ability to guide other cooks in
- Follows recipes, using correct measurements of
- Checks the production sheets daily for food counts on puree,
- Distinguishes the different scoop
- Reads spreadsheets daily for scoop guidelines to use at
- Uses production sheet to sent correct amount of food to
- Knows the proper set up and use of the steam tables.
- Before meal, sets up the steam
- Sets proper temperatures for food being served from the
- Gathers and uses the proper scoops on the steam
- After serving, breaks down and thoroughly cleans the steam
- Takes temperatures before, during, and after each meal, and
records it on temperature
- Maintains competencies in Serve Safe Monitors and instructs
other cooks in Serve Safe Guidelines.
- Calibrates thermometer before each
- Uses proper cool down of food before putting it
- Prevents cross contamination by preparing meats in one area and
- Makes sure that food is always at the minimum internal cooking
- Maintains proficiency in proper shipping of food
- Ensures that food is placed in proper containers (4" pans, 6"
- Covers hot food with saran wrap and aluminum foil.
- Labels each container with food type and which area it is
- Before packing, makes sure that cambro boxes are clean and
- Takes food temperatures before sending it to residents.
- Operates all stoves, ovens, slicers, etc. and instructs other
cooks in proper operating
- Knows how to turn on and set temperatures on the oven, steamer,
- Operates the slicer utilizing safety guidelines and proper
- Operates the deep fryer and properly cleans after
- Satisfies all educational in-service requirements mandated by
CHI Living Communities, the department, external accrediting, and
- Attends all mandatory in-service
- Adheres to facility policies and
- Completes yearly online education program by
- Attends employee meetings on a regular In addition to the
essential job specific duties listed above, the Cook shall be
required to perform all duties (essential and non-essential) in a
manner consistent with the mission and values (compassion,
excellence, inclusion, integrity, collaboration) of CHI Living
Communities and will be evaluated on such basis. Furthermore, every
employee must abide by all campus, departmental, and safety
policies, rules, and regulations. CHI Living Communities has the
right to change the job specific duties and specifications required
for the position of Cook from time to time without prior notice.
Job Requirements Education: High School Diploma or equivalent
preferred. Experience: Minimum two years of experience. Cooking in
a Health Care or Hospital setting preferred. Attendance: Regular
attendance is an essential part of this job. Work Environment:
- Works inside a kitchen area
- Works in inclement weather conditions
- Tight time constraints
- Extended visual concentration
Keywords: CHI Living Communities, Eugene , Cook - Full Time - Linus Oaks Village, Hospitality & Tourism , Roseburg, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!