Food Service Assistant - Nutrition Services
Posted on: September 25, 2022
DescriptionPeaceHealth is seeking a Food Service Assistant -
Nutrition Services for a Per Diem/Relief, 0.00 FTE, Variable
position. Hourly compensation starts at $15.00, more depending on
experience.Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses
of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond
the final dose prior to start date.JOB SUMMARYThis position is
responsible for performing a variety of tasks which includes
preparation, service, clean-up and delivery of food products in
support of hospital food and catering service operations using
HACCP guidelines for safe food handling.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Prepare, mix, assemble, portion, serve, and store food
following applicable guidelines.
- Operate dish machine, wash pots and perform heavy cleaning
duties following safety and sanitation guidelines.
- Transport equipment, food, supplies and trash as directed.
- May act as cafeteria cashier/running the cash register.
- Follow guidelines for assigned station set-up and
- Performs other duties as assigned.QUALIFICATIONSEDUCATION:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of one year previous work experience preferred. Retail
food service experience preferred.LICENSE/CERTIFICATION:
- Valid Food Handlers Card.OTHER SKILLS:
- Strong customer service skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of proper food handling and
- Ability to work well with others.
- Ability to effectively communicate in order to effectively and
safely perform the functions of this role.REGION/LOCATION SPECIFIC
NOTESPHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS UNIVERSITY DISTRICT:
- Work may require moderate physical exertion more than 65% of
- Ability to lift objects weighing 80 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to skin or lung irritants;
extreme cold or heat; sharp instruments such as kitchen knives,
scalpels, etc.; or dangerous equipment.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and
attention to detail (34-65% of work time).This position is
represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more
than one opening on this posting.See how PeaceHealth is committed
to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility
.For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach
a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action
Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state,
or federal laws.REQNUMBER: 33589
Keywords: PeaceHealth, Eugene , Food Service Assistant - Nutrition Services, Hospitality & Tourism , Eugene, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!