SweetWaters Restaurant Manager
Company: Valley River Inn
Posted on: September 13, 2019
Aimbridge Hospitality is one of the largest and most dynamic
independent management companies in North America and the
Caribbean. With an award winning portfolio of over 450 hotels and
resorts with more than 63,000 guestrooms, our company operates
across a full spectrum of property types in addition to independent
luxury, boutique, and lifestyle hotels. Requirements Education &
- At least 5 years of progressive experience in a hotel or a
related field; or a 2-year college degree and 3 or more years of
related experience; or a 4-year college degree and at least 1 year
of related experience.
- Must be proficient in Windows operating systems, Company
approved spreadsheets and word processing.
- Supervisory experience required.
- Valid OLCC Servers Permit and Food Handlers Card Required.
- Long hours sometimes required. Typically a 50 hour work
- Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry,
push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to stand during entire shift. Mental requirements:
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses
of action quickly and accurately.
- Must work well in stressful, high pressure situations.
- Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace,
including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving
problems as necessary.
- Must have the ability to assimilate complex information, data,
etc., from disparate sources and consider, adjust or modify to meet
the constraints of the particular need.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, clarifying
and resolving the concerns and issues raised by co-workers and
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information
and data, and basic arithmetic functions. What you will be doing
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an
attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Aimbridge
Hospitality's standards, as required by scheduling which will vary
according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming,
which include wearing the proper uniform and name tag when working
(per brand standards).
- Comply at all times with Aimbridge Hospitality's standards and
regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Comply with certification requirements as applicable for
position to include: Food Handlers, Alcohol Awareness, CPR and
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Be familiar with the organization of the hotel and know the
function of each department.
- Ensure training of all Food and Beverage personnel using the
steps to effective training according to Aimbridge Hospitality's
- Maintain follow-through of all guest requests, problems,
complaints and/or accidents which occur in the Restaurant, Room
Service and Lounge.
- Motivate, coach, counsel and discipline all F&B personnel
according to company S.O.P.'s.
- Review F&B staff's worked hours for payroll compilation and
submit to Accounting on a timely basis.
- Be responsible for developing a manager as assigned by the
Corporate Office, including sign-off on all competencies and assist
in his/her placement.
- Attend weekly staff meetings and provide training on a
rotational basis using the steps to effective training according to
- Prepare and conduct all F&B interviews and follow hiring
procedures according to company S.O.P.'s.
- Prepare employee shift schedule according to the business
forecast, payroll budget guidelines and productivity requirements.
Present the schedule with the Wage Progress Report to the G.M.
- Ensure that wage progress and productivity reports are
completed accurately and on a timely basis.
- Conduct all 90 day and annual employee performance appraisals
according to company S.O.P.'s.
- Ensure implementation of all Aimbridge Hospitality's policies
and house rules.
- Assist in developing and ensure implementation of Food and
Beverage promotional ideas.
- Ensure all beverage costs are maintained to meet budget.
- Focus the F&B Department on their role in contributing to
the guest service scores.
- Ensure compliance to company training using the steps to
effective training according to Aimbridge Hospitality's
- Maintain company S.O.P.'s regarding purchase orders, vouchering
of invoices and checkbook accounting.
- Develop, initiate, and promote sales, including up selling,
programs for use by all service personnel.
- Ensure Aimbridge Hospitality's service standards are maintained
throughout the Food and BeverageDepartment.
- Participate in required M.O.D. coverage as scheduled.
- Initiate all necessary F&B-related reports according to
- Complete all Food and Beverage forecasting and budgeting in a
timely and efficient manner.
- Ensure that F&B employees are at all times, attentive,
friendly, helpful and courteous to guests, all other employees and
- Ensure that the quarterly operating equipment inventory is
done, pars are evaluated, and quarterly purchases are planned.
- Maintain all Aimbridge Hospitality's S.O.P.'s concerning credit
- React to negative trends in market place by implementing food
and beverage blitzes and promotions.
- Organize and conduct monthly department meetings with
restaurant and lounge staff and weekly F&B meeting according to
Aimbridge Hospitality's standards.
- Attend daily BEO meeting.
- Conduct beverage purchasing as needed.
- Purchase Food & Beverage operating equipment as needed.
- Conduct monthly beverage inventories and reconciliations.
- Ensure that the quality and presentation of all food products
are according to Aimbridge Hospitality's standard.
- Maintain a professional working relationship and promote open
lines of communication with managers, employees and other
- Use the hotel's P.O.S. system to print reports. Analyze reports
- Establish and maintain key control system. Requirements
Keywords: Valley River Inn, Eugene , SweetWaters Restaurant Manager, Hospitality & Tourism , Eugene, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!