Technical Applications Scientist II, High Content Screening
Company: Thermo Fisher Scientific
Posted on: November 23, 2021
Technical Applications Scientist II, Cell Analysis, High Content
ScreeningWhen you are part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific,
you'll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures
for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is
safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be
supported in achieving your career goals.Location/Division Specific
InformationThe Technical Application Specialist II is part of the
Life Sciences Solutions Group (LSG) which is one of six groups
within Thermo Fisher Scientific and is an important part of the
company's total value proposition. With an innovative and broad
life sciences portfolio, a strong presence at bench, best-in-class
web and e-commerce channels, industry-leading on-site supply center
coverage and one of the most technically experienced sales and
support teams, LSG brings incredible core strength to the broader
company.How will you make an impact?As a Technical Applications
Scientist you will be responsible for providing remote pre and post
sales technical support of Thermo Fisher Scientific products to
customers and field personnel, as well as relaying customer
feedback to the organization.What will you do?
- Provide technical support for Thermo Fisher Scientific Cell
Analysis product lines and services by answering customer technical
inquiries. Inquiries may be received via telephone, email or web
- Provide customer support on technical issues by utilizing all
available resources and escalate issues or problems when
- Participate in frequent training on products and continuing
education on new applications and technologies to remain at the
cutting edge of scientific knowledge.
- Accurately record pertinent information from customer contacts
in Customer Relationship Management system.
- Summarize trends and technology as technical tips, FAQ's and
- Recommend changes to knowledge databases, website, and other
company-managed databases of technical information.
- Present technical updates to colleagues and contribute to
- May present technical and product information at trade shows
and in customer field visits.
- Participate in additional special team or individual
- May be required to perform other related duties as
- Some travel may be required for the positionHow will you get
- Minimum Qualifications: B.S., B.A. or M.S. in Life Sciences,
Cell Biology or a similar field.
- Preferred Qualifications: PhD. or a PhD. with post-doctoral
- 5+ years of High Content Screening is required. 3+ years
laboratory experience (fluorescent cell labeling and detection).
Prior experience in customer service a plus.Knowledge, Skills,
- High content Screening
- Fluorescent Microscopy, a plus
- Proven ability to quickly learn large amounts of new, complex
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate, both orally
and in writing, to customers and colleagues
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Instrument and computer troubleshooting a plus
- Troubleshooting Windows 10 and Windows Server Issues
- Network Management Skills
- Experience with Image processing/analysis programs a plus
- Computer literacy, including spreadsheet, database, word
processing and Internet applications
- A minimum two-year commitment to Technical Support is required
due to the extensive up-front training needed to fully support our
expansive product lineAt Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our
70,000 extraordinary minds have a unique story to tell. Join us and
contribute to our singular mission-enabling our customers to make
the world healthier, cleaner and safer.Apply today! Thermo Fisher
Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not
discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran
status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Keywords: Thermo Fisher Scientific, Eugene , Technical Applications Scientist II, High Content Screening, IT / Software / Systems , Eugene, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!