Systems Administrator - Linux and Windows
Company: Zencon Group
Posted on: November 25, 2022
The Systems Administrator II works closely with other members of
the Scientific Computing and Data group to provide Windows and
Linux system and application support for both end users and the
team. This position will install, update, maintain and troubleshoot
a diverse set of applications, including VMware, REDCap, Jira,
Postgres, MySQL, SQL server, Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM), and
other Sinai-developed software. This position is also responsible
for keeping the operating systems, applications, networks and other
supporting software up-to-date. The systems must be consistent with
the industry's best practices for system administration,
configuration management, security, compliance. The incumbent will
work together with others in IT and respond to end user tickets and
other support requests. In total, there are approximately 20
servers and 60 VMs along with an archival storage system containing
over 20 petabytes of data.
- Install, maintain and provide support for Linux and Windows
servers and file systems for the clinical data warehouse and
research data services teams.
- Provide support for the TSM archival storage system for the
25,000-core high-performance computing system.
- Use and maintain standard infrastructure and tools to support
the systems, including but not limited to the Ansible configuration
management, Grafana/Nagios/Zabbix system monitoring, Splunk and
- Provide installation and upgrade support for databases
including SQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL, triple store and other
- Provide installation and upgrade support for REDCap, Jira, TSM
and other software.
- Create and maintain VMs as needed.
- Monitor all systems and applications.
- Provide support for Active Directory, two factor authentication
for all systems and applications including the use of
- Work with other IT professionals through Mount Sinai
collaboratively and effectively.
- Ensure systems are setup and maintained as directed by Security
and Compliance and all other applicable regulatory bodies.
- Research and propose hardware and software system configuration
solutions that are science/data/research-driven.
- Plan, implement, troubleshoot and maintain systems and software
- Troubleshoot system and application issues across multiple
environments and operating platforms. Provide off-hours support for
critical production issues.
- Create useable documentation so that the systems and
applications can be maintained by others.
- Understand and implement industry's best practices for systems
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or Engineering or a related
- At least four years of demonstrated experience supporting,
maintaining, installing and troubleshooting Linux and Windows
systems, file systems and VMs.
- The ability to communicate effectively and manage multiple
conflicting priorities simultaneously.
- Experience preferred:
- Monitoring software administration (Zabbix, Grafana or
- JIRA, JIRA Service Desk, and Confluence administration
- Databases (MS SQL, MySQL, MySQL Galera, Oracle, PostgreSQL,
- Automation/system provisioning experience
- Configuration management (Ansible preferred)
Keywords: Zencon Group, Eugene , Systems Administrator - Linux and Windows, IT / Software / Systems , Remote, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!