Technical Writer I - Operations
Company: Thermo Fisher Scientific
Posted on: February 13, 2019
Technical Writer I - Operations Requisition ID: 86115BR Location: Eugene, OR
When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in achieving your career goals. How will you make an impact? The Technical Writer position is part of the Operations Project Management/Technical Documentation team in Eugene, OR. The Technical Writer will develop manufacturing documents that provide the standard laboratory methods used to operate process equipment and analytical instruments, synthesize specific molecules, prepare BIO conjugates, or formulate, package and assemble finished goods. This role will support multiple manufacturing teams that produce products used for labeling and detection in cell biology, molecular biology, and related fields. What will you do?
- Write precise, clear instructions for technical/scientific manufacturing operations based on an understanding of the science, material properties, analytical methods, laboratory processes, and quality system requirements.
- Review and interpret historical production records and manufacturing documents to collect data and information about existing processes.
- Work directly with manufacturing scientists and department managers to determine methods, procedures, and best practices.
- Manage document creation and revision in an electronic document control system in accordance with quality system requirements.
- Coordinate with team members to share work load, track and report project status, and review work done by others to ensure accuracy.
- Utilize ERP, SKU Wizard and Product Lifecycle Management systems to manage creation and revision of raw material, sub-assembly and finished good SKUs to accurately reflect current manufacturing processes and align SKU setup with manufacturing documents.
- Extract, organize and interpret large amounts of data and information from existing business systems and prepare data in required format for system manufacturing/engineering change orders.
- Accurately follow SKU data standards and supply chain requirements that impact SKU set-up. How will you get here? Education Bachelor's degree in chemistry, biochemistry, engineering or related field of study. Experience
- 2 years laboratory or manufacturing experience in a scientific field.
- Knowledge of organic synthesis, protein chemistry, liquid chromatography and analytical techniques such as UV-Vis, UPLC, LCMS, and NMR.
- Experience using Operations, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and Quality business systems (e.g., ERP, PLM, LIMS, or MES) and knowledge of data required to run these systems. Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Strong technical writing skills. Ability to interpret and summarize scientific results in a clear, concise and accurate manner.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to work independently or with a team to meet commitments and deadlines.
- Robust organizational skills, with ability to efficiently evaluate, prioritize, and execute multiple projects.
- Effective communication skills in a diverse work environment.
- Eager learner with willingness to follow work standards and contribute ideas for improvement.
- Proficient in Word with ability to use embedded Excel tools within Word.
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills. Requires familiarity with programming languages, preferably in the use of visual basic applied to automating Excel spreadsheets. Ability to use nested Excel logic functions to perform variable information processing and formatting.
- Ability to apply Practical Process Improvement 8-step methodology.
- Knowledge of Quality Assurance Systems and Quality Standards such as ISO 13485 and ISO 9001. Department: Operations - provided by Dice Assembly, Biochemistry, Biology, Embedded, ERP, Excel, ISO, Labeling, Laboratory, Lifecycle, Management, Programming, Project, Project Management, Quality Assurance, Scientific, Supply Chain, Technical Writer, Technical Writing, Visual Basic, Writer
Keywords: Thermo Fisher Scientific, Eugene , Technical Writer I - Operations, IT / Software / Systems , Eugene, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!