ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Service and treatment planning, program development and
record-keeping per OAR's and program policy.
· Maintain a high level of ongoing knowledge and education
regarding addiction treatment. This includes professional
development plans (PDP). Complete necessary requirements in order
to maintain certification.
· Communicates and integrates agency mission, goals, policies
and procedures into daily practice
· Assures security measures are taken to protect Individual
Service Records in accordance with OAR's, 42 CFR Part 2 and
· Complete any tasks assigned by Clinical Supervisor, Program
Director, and Executive Director.
· Conduct assessments to identify patient's level of care need
utilizing ASAM Criteria – 3rd Edition.
· Refer patients to appropriate treatment programs for follow-up
· Participate in direct treatment of patients by attending
clinical staff meetings/supervisions.
· Maintain clinical electronic health records (EHR) on patients'
· Arrange transportation and housing for all patients as
· Conduct educational groups as needed.
· Work closely with Nursing and Sub-acute Technicians to ensure
· Participate in quality assurance and quality improvement
activities as directed.
· Work directly with clinical supervisor for ongoing program
· Do motivational counseling, cognitive-behavioral therapies and
use trauma-informed methods as necessary to improve outcomes.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
· Substance use disorder treatment best practices.
· Required knowledge in ASAM Criteria – 3rd Edition, OAR's, and
42 CFR Part 2/HIPAA.
· Knowledge of Office 2010 software applications including
· Has knowledge, skill, and experience in evidence-based
interventions including Motivational Interviewing, Cognitive
Behavioral Therapy and other trauma-informed treatment
· Has ability to follow oral and written directions and to apply
techniques for special needs
· Has knowledge of de-escalation methods
· Has flexibility in responding to changing needs and
· Has ability to work in an environment where clients may be
verbally hostile or abusive
· Effectively manages time and meets deadlines
· Proficient in clinical documentation
· Professional written and verbal communication and
· Able to maintain consistent reliable attendance
· Refrain from wearing strong fragrances in the workplace
· Demonstration of competence through experience and education,
individual service and support planning, case management and
coordination, utilization of community resources, education groups
including 12 Step support groups, family and individual therapy or
counseling documentation and rationale for services to promote
intended outcomes and implementation of all provider policies.
· Oregon state certification, CADC I or above is required by
Willamette Family policy to perform duties associated with this
position. CADC II preferred. Applicants working towards
certification may be considered for position if application for
certification can be made within 6 months of employment.
· Minimum competency must be demonstrated as defined in: OHA AMH
Standards for Substance Use Disorder Detoxification Services
Division 50 with the following qualifications:
(i) Have training knowledge and/or experience demonstrating
competence in the treatment of substance use disorders, knowledge
of substance withdrawal; individual assessment; motivational
counseling techniques; trauma informed care.
(ii) Within six weeks of employment, be currently certified or
in process of certification in first aid methods including
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS POSITION
· Required to sit for long periods.
· Move effortlessly from sitting to standing positions
· Extended time in front of computer
· Able to see detail objects or documents that are less than a
few feet away
· The ability to respond quickly for safety reasons
· The ability to lift 5-25 pound
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Willamette Family, Inc., prohibits discrimination on the basis
of any characteristic protected by applicable local, state, or
Federal was, and any agency policy including, but not limited to,
discrimination based upon race, color, religion, national origin,
sex or sexual orientation.