Company: The Emmes Company, LLC
Posted on: February 21, 2021
The Emmes Company, LLC is searching for a Senior Biostatistician
located in our Rockville, Maryland, or Frederick, Maryland office.
Emmes provides flexibility for office location preference or work
remote preference dependent upon position. The Emmes Company, LLC
is a private Contract Research Organization (CRO). Headquartered in
Rockville, Maryland, Emmes employs over six hundred staff worldwide
with offices located in Frederick, Maryland, Tysons Corner,
Virginia, Vancouver, Canada and Bangalore, India. Ranked as a top
area workplace of choice by the Washington Post, Emmes fosters an
environment of collaboration, professional growth, and exceptional
work life balance. Our studies impact public health initiatives on
a global scale occurring in more than sixty countries spanning
across six continents. We are dedicated to providing statistical
and epidemiological expertise, computer systems deployment, data
management, study monitoring, regulatory guidance, and overall
operational support to clients engaged in biomedical research.
Emmes offers support for the entire process of clinical trials from
study design and protocol development through data analysis and
manuscript generation. Primary Purpose Leads collaborations with
clinical investigators to determine study design, contributes to
protocol development, authors statistical analysis plans, performs
statistical analysis, makes statistical inference and writes and
presents reports summarizing findings including publications in
peer-reviewed journals. Manages statistical activities for a
clinical study or platform of clinical studies.
- Provides sound strategic, scientific and statistical input to
support client's research projects.
- Serves as the lead Biostatistician on one or more study
- May supervise Biostatisticians, Associate Biostatisticians and
SAS programmers (all levels) and direct their work on clinical
- Leads the project team's development of study analysis plans
and statistical programs to perform analyses and display study
- Keeps abreast with current statistical and medical literature
to ensure that sound methodologies are adopted.
- Fosters innovation in Biostatistics that will continuously
enhance current statistical knowledge and practices.
- Ensures the scientific integrity of the research project and
the accuracy of the reported results.
- Performs sample size calculation and provides leadership in the
statistical design of research projects.
- Reviews protocols and case report forms to ensure that protocol
objectives are met, and standards are maintained.
- Develops study assignment allocation schemas along with
- Leads the development of the methods and results sections of
clinical study reports and scientific publications.
- Represents EMMES on behalf of clients at regulatory
- Participate in the development and updating of Standard
- Other duties as assigned Experience
- MS in biostatistics, statistics, or related field.
- At least 4 years of related experience is expected but not
required for the position.
- Demonstrated proficiency with statistical methods and
applications in clinical research.
- Strong programming skills in SAS and/or R.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organization
- Ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team
- Ability to effectively communicate technical concepts, both
written and oral. CONNECT WITH US!! Follow us on Twitter -
@EmmesCRO Find us on LinkedIn - The Emmes Company, LLC The Emmes
Company, LLC is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer
and does not discriminate in its selection and employment
practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity,
marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic
information, age, or other legally protected characteristics.
Keywords: The Emmes Company, LLC, Eugene , Senior Biostatistician-MS, Other , Remote, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!