Operations Support Associate - Electronic Payments Specialist
Company: Selco Community Credit Union
Posted on: April 6, 2021
Position Overview Perform operational functions in support of
Electronic Payments which includes ACH origination and receipt,
internal distributions payroll transfers, on-line bill payment,
remote deposit capture. Essential Functions
- Coordinate all aspects of Electronic Payment Processing:
process transmission files from ACH Operator and other Vendors;
review and processing of exception items and create return entries;
oversee ACH origination process; work closely with internal and
external personnel to ensure correct processing of payments,
disputes and reclamations; monitor various reports for bill
payment, ACH activity, and ACH Origination.
- Balance daily transaction activity between SELCO, and ACH
Operator, or other vendors, including but not limited to:
completing reports, GL reconciliation, researching and correcting
- Assist with Electronic payment transaction disputes and process
adjustments through the ACH, adhering to appropriate timelines and
- Coordinate with Fraud services personnel in relation to
Electronic payments, including: completing necessary paperwork and
reporting for fraud activity; communicating vendor fraud alerts to
appropriate personnel and taking action on accounts to mitigate
- Assist internal and external members with research, problem
resolution and account information.
- Provide internal educational material and training on
electronic payment processes and procedures such as: balancing,
system research, disputes and stop payments, internal transfers and
other distribution of funds.
- Maintain Electronic payment systems and processes within
applicable laws and regulations including, but not limited to:
Regulation D, Regulation E, Regulation CC, and other applicable
laws pertaining to electronic payments.
- Provide assistance with Operations Support functions.
- Ensure quality control and adhere to established procedures for
the imaging, logging, and destroying negotiable instruments and
- Actively engage with people in a respectful and professional
- Communicate with internal, external, and potential members in a
friendly, professional manner in person, over the phone, and via
- Adhere to federal and state regulations, credit union policies,
and other compliance obligations.
- Consistently achieve stated goals.
- Participate in required meetings and training.
- Demonstrate leadership skills and maintain corporate values and
- Represent the Credit Union with a high level of integrity and
- Support Management and member decisions and goals in a
positive, professional manner.
- Actively participate in security, robbery, disaster recovery
and fire training.
- Actively contribute to Credit Union and department team goals
and functions, including but not limited to, initiating resolution
of observed or known issues concerning other departments and
championing other departmental changes that will benefit the
- Perform other duties as assigned. Interaction and Environment
Reports To: Operations Support Assistant Manager/Operations Support
Manager Work areas are inside in a climate-controlled environment
with light background noise. Material and Equipment Used Computer,
Fax Machine, Copier, Telephone, Scanner, Calculator, General Office
Supplies Physical Activities Required to Perform Essential
Functions Sitting/Mobility: Approximately 70% of time is spent
working at a desk. Balance of time (approximately 30%) is spent
moving around work areas. Communication: Ability to effectively
communicate with co-workers, members and outside agencies in
writing, in person and over the phone. Vision: Ability to
effectively use a computer screen and interpret printed materials,
memos and other appropriate paperwork. Lifting/Carrying: Ability to
transport files and office supplies. Stooping/Kneeling: Ability to
access files/stock supplies in low cabinets and shelves.
Reaching/Handling: Ability to input information into computer
systems and retrieve and work with appropriate paperwork, equipment
and supplies. Proficiencies
- Good written and oral communication skills; ability to
communicate effectively and project a professional image when
giving and taking information in writing, in person and over the
- Basic word processing and computer database skills, including
knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
- Effective interpersonal skills with the ability to work with
individuals and groups at all organization levels; ability to work
independently and as part of a team.
- Firm knowledge of financial accounting procedures and ability
to work with and understand data processing reports.
- Ability to take initiative and prioritize tasks; good
time-management, organizational, problem-prevention and
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Working knowledge of computer systems, including knowledge of
online computer system as it applies to departmental usage.
- Ability to effectively cross-sell Credit Union and CUSO
products and services.
- Ability to analyze complex problems and develop and implement
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive
- Willingness and ability to adapt to changing business needs and
- Ability to work accurately with close attention to detail.
- Possess a work ethic that includes neatness, punctuality and
- Exhibit a professional, businesslike appearance and
- Ability to concentrate in environment with background
- Ability to complete or resume tasks despite interruptions.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent; and
- At least two (2) year of experience in financial services,
teller services, collections or equivalent related experience;
- Account services and/or electronic payments experience is
- Must be bondable. Acknowledgement I have received and reviewed
a copy of the Operation Support Associate - Electronic Payment
Specialist job description. I understand that this job description
is not a contract of employment and in no way changes the at-will
nature of the employment relationship with SELCO Community Credit
Keywords: Selco Community Credit Union, Eugene , Operations Support Associate - Electronic Payments Specialist, Other , Eugene, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!