Senior Site Specialist
Company: Thermo Fisher Scientific
Posted on: April 8, 2021
COVID-19 Update: To keep our candidates, colleagues and other
visitors--safe, we're making changes to our interview and hiring
process. Learn more location Eugene, Oregon, US Job ID: 152246BR
This position is focused on service delivery excellence for UnityTM
Lab Services. Specific activities relative to the job function
could include metric / data collection and processing, inventory
management, desk top deliveries, and process documentation. This
position will utilize the basic functionality of systems and
applications relevant to the job function, such as: Mainframe,
ULSIM and the Microsoft Office suite. Strong communication skills
are also required. Essential Functions:
- Follows well defined procedures as outlined by Best Practices,
SOP's & work instructions. Take direction from Regional Site
Supervisor regarding daily duties.
- Makes decisions and utilizes available resources to meet
customer requirements, independently.
- Analyzes/maintains/reconciles various customer and Thermo
Fisher reports to ensure customer and Thermo Fisher requirements
- Communicates with supervisor or other assigned personnel any
customer issues or potential problems.
- Promotes personal growth and development by staying abreast of
new policies and enhancements without the presence of site trainer
and management team.
- Listens to customer concerns, effectively diffuses
dissatisfaction, and quickly identifies course of action with a
goal of first call resolution within established turnaround
- Works effectively with a diverse cross-functional team.
- Embraces Practical Process Improvement (PPI)
- Utilizes systems as required by job function.
- Represents Thermo Fisher Scientific at all times throughout
customer locations, professionally and positively.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management. Job-Specific
Duties may include:
- Inventory Management, Site Metrics, Process Documentation:
- Maintain site metrics and accuracy of data
- Stockroom management, dispensing of product, and follow
direction / coordination of affiliated stockroom activities.
- Perform on-site program replenishments and disbursements.
- Perform stockroom duties to include receiving, put-away, stock
rotation, cycle counts, and other functions according to customer
- Update / create Work Instructions for site processes
- Remove cardboard and trash as needed (detrashing).
- Deliver/Coordinate pickup of direct shipment orders to end
- Maintain cleanliness of stockroom areas. Minimum
- Must possess a minimum High School Diploma or GED.
- Demonstrated verbal, written and presentation skills
- 2-3 years of progressive relevant experience required
- Displays a high level of confidentiality for both customer and
Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Must maintain Thermo Fisher Scientifics' Four-I Values
- Experience in laboratory setting or services preferred
- Experience in GLP/GMP environment a plus
- Detail oriented, problem solver, promotes team environment
- Computer/software skills (i.e. Outlook, Excel, Word,
PowerPoint)Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Must possess a strong desire to serve the customer, and the
interpersonal skills to deal with various levels of personnel at
the customer site.
- Must possess strong communication skills and customer focus to
deliver excellent customer service including maintaining a
professional appearance at all times.
- Must possess the operating skills to use hand held scanners and
learn to enter data in various systems as necessary.
- Must possess strong analytical skills to reconcile various
reports to ensure customer requirements are met.
- Must possess the organizational skills to multi-task and meet
deadlines as needed.
- Must be able to use a computer and possess intermediate skills
in Microsoft Office suite.Working Conditions:
- Works primarily at customer locations, in and around
shipping/receiving docks, stock rooms, storage locations and
- Required to work independently at a customer location.
- Extensive walking may be required.
- May pass through areas where chemical based allergens may be in
- Must be able to lift, push and pull 50 pounds
- Must be able to use material handling equipment such as push
carts and pallet jacks.
- Depending on area of building, personal protective equipment
may be worn to include lab coats, coveralls, hood, facemask,
hairnets, safety gloves, and safety glasses.
- Must be able to work overtime as required. The above statements
are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work
being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not an
exhaustive list of all of the duties and responsibilities
associated with it. To access this job later or share with a
friend, please enter Name and Email Address below. Your Name Get
notified for similar jobs Sign up and receive similar job alerts to
your email Enter Email address Get customized job recommendations
based on your career area of interest. How would you rate your
experience popup Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader
in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $30 billion. Our
Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier,
cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life
sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving
patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in
their laboratories, we are here to support them. Our global team of
more than 80,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of
innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical
services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo
Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific,
Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit
www.thermofisher.com . Thermo Fisher Scientific is an Equal
Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, creed,
religion, color, national or ethnic origin, citizenship, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic
information, veteran status, age or disability status.
Keywords: Thermo Fisher Scientific, Eugene , Senior Site Specialist, Other , Eugene, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!