Product Marketing Manager, Customer Data Platform (CDP)
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Location: Remote (East Coast)
Sitecore delivers a digital experience platform that empowers
the world's smartest brands to build lifelong relationships with
their customers. A highly decorated industry leader, Sitecore is
the only company bringing together content, commerce, and data into
one connected platform that delivers more than 500,000 digital
experiences every day. Leading companies including American
Express, ASOS, Carnival Cruise Lines, Kimberly-Clark, L'Oral and
Volvo Cars rely on Sitecore to provide more engaging, personalized
experiences for their customers. Learn more at Sitecore.com
This is a unique opportunity to come onboard a fast-growing
company as Sitecore continues to experience spectacular growth all
over the world. As a Product Marketing Manager for Sitecore's
Customer Data Platform (CDP), you will be responsible for the
overall GTM strategy, including vision, positioning,
pricing/packaging, and sales enablement for Sitecore CDP, the
company's holistic data activation and decisioning solution.
The right candidate will be a dynamic, proactive team player who
can help us differentiate our business with compelling messages
that position us effectively in the CDP and Digital Experience
Platform (DXP) markets. She or he will have the requisite skills to
develop a deep understanding of our products, analyze critical
market needs and trends, become the expert in our target customers
and their buying criteria, and create presentations that clearly
convey our vision and strategy. You also will drive the transfer of
this knowledge to the sales channel, as well as collaborate with
other functional leads to deliver innovative marketing programs
that grow customer adoption. Attention to detail and an eye for
quality, along with the ability to grasp and translate technical
capabilities into benefits is crucial. Core writing skills,
original thought, and sales ingenuity also are musts for this
- Develop an overall business GTM strategy for Sitecore CDP as a
critical pillar of Sitecore's existing product portfolio as well as
our roadmap to SaaS, working with teams to set, monitor, and
achieve market share objectives. This includes competitive
analysis, target markets and persona definition, messaging
development, and other standard GTM initiatives.
- Be the subject matter expert in CDP, the role of customer data
in digital experience platforms, and related technologies including
experimentation, personalization, and business-wide analytics, to
develop and deliver a variety of content types-presentations, sales
plays, tools, demo scenarios, videos, etc.-as needed to fuel sales
and marketing success.
- Develop differentiated product positioning and messaging, value
props, use cases, and associated content to be leveraged by global
sales marketing teams.
- Externally evangelize Sitecore CDP and the Sitecore Experience
Cloud at events, speaking engagements, and/or sales meetings.
- Define and drive the GTM launch for new releases or updates to
- Be the expert on your buyers, how they buy, and their buying
criteria; be the expert on your competition and how to crush
- Aid other marketing teams (e.g., channel marketing, field
marketing, events, webinars, AR/PR) to make sure their programs are
infused with your thematic knowledge and subject matter
- Work closely with product management to understand the
strategic direction of Sitecore CDP and to influence the direction
of the roadmap through your understanding of the market and buyer
- Assist sellers with deals, RFPs, and customer visits to help
convince and win.
- Build strong, trusting relationships with partners and
cross-functional teams to successfully deliver co-marketing
- 3 to 5 years of product marketing experience or equivalent role
in the Digital Experience Management industry, with specific
experience in customer data management, data integrations, digital
experience platforms, and/or personalization/experimentation.
- History of creating standard GTM deliverables such as GTM
strategy plans, pitch decks, sales plays, and marketing messaging
for blogs, social, emails, etc.
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal, and written communication
skills with high comfort level speaking on webinars, conferences,
and industry events
- Experience working in a matrixed environment where creating
collaboration and influence with multiple stakeholders across
diverse backgrounds are required for generating results.
- Strategic, analytical thinker with keen tactical execution
skills, attention to detail, and ability to turn complex,
technology heavy topics into digestible, compelling stories.
- Strong project management skills and ability to manage numerous
deadline-driven projects simultaneously.
- Critical thinking to help with analysis of business, market and
- Comfortable working with remote colleagues and stakeholders;
experience working across disciplines and geographies.
- Driven, self-organized team player with a demonstrated ability
to achieve objectives in a fast-growing, entrepreneurial
- BS or BA in communications, marketing or tech-centric degrees
- Willingness to travel (global) 25%.
After an offer is made and accepted, E-verify will be utilized
to establish your identity and employment eligibility as required
by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
Sitecore is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are
committed to equal employment opportunity without unlawful regard
to race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual
orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, veteran
status or any other local legally protected characteristic.
Keywords: Sitecore, Eugene , Product Marketing Manager, Customer Data Platform (CDP), Other , Remote, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!