Company: Amedisys Home Health Services
Posted on: May 3, 2021
What You Will Do
Provides support services, under the supervision of the
appropriate professional staff in accordance with state
regulations, assists the client or family in the achievement of
physical and emotional comfort according to the patient's plan of
- Provides personal care services per state/federal rules,
regulations, and/or standards.
- Applies safety principles and proper body mechanics to the
performance of specific techniques of personal and supportive care
such as ambulation of clients, transferring clients, assisting with
the normal range of motion and positioning and doing household
- Plans and prepares nutritious meals, including shopping and
assisting with feeding, as assigned.
- Performs homemaking and other environmental services as
- Observes, reports and documents any changes in patient's
status. If unable to perform a certain task, reports to the primary
- Understands basic elements of body functioning and reports
changes in patient's body functions as indicated.
- Recognizes emergency situations and implements appropriate
emergency procedures per care center policy.
- Follows care center procedures regarding infection control,
handling of hazardous wastes, and safety measures.
- Accurately documents care provided and submits notes and other
required documents per care center policy.
- Follows specific written instructions for personal care
prepared by a registered nurse in accordance with the Plan of Care.
Written instructions are to be received prior to the delivery of
- Assists patient with prescribed exercises as instructed per
nurse or therapist.
- Provides respite for patient's family/caregiver when on-site,
- Performs and records simple urine tests for sugar, acetane, and
- Attends funerals/call hours when appropriate as assigned by the
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Amedisys is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
employees and applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy,
marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability,
military status, sexual orientation, genetic predisposition or
carrier status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Keywords: Amedisys Home Health Services, Eugene , Hospice Aide, Other , Roseburg, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!