Director of Legal
Company: Hearsay Social
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Hearsay Systems is looking for a talented Director of Legal to
join our team!
In this role, you will join a small, fast-paced and
collaborative legal team! You will provide a wide array of legal
services across the company, working with colleagues in all parts
of the business across multiple jurisdictions with a strong
emphasis on commercial transactions.
About Hearsay Systems
Founded in 2009, Hearsay Systems is reinventing the human-client
experience in financial services. The Hearsay Client Engagement
Platform empowers over 200,000 advisors and agents to authentically
and intelligently grow business relationships by proactively
guiding and capturing the last mile of digital communications. The
world's leading financial firms-including Allstate, New York Life,
Morgan Stanley, and Charles Schwab-rely on Hearsay's SaaS platform
to scale their reach, optimize sales engagements, and deliver
exceptional client service in a consistent and compliant
We are a tight-knit and dedicated team that passionately
believes in our products, our people, and our culture. Our products
help advisors and agents scale personalized customer engagements
across social media (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram),
websites, text, and voice.
Headquartered in San Francisco, Hearsay has a globally
distributed team with members in San Francisco, Salt Lake City,
Seattle, New York, Toronto, London, Budapest and Manila and is
backed by Sequoia Capital, NewView Capital, and Salesforce
About the Role:
- Draft and negotiate Hearsay's inbound and outbound licensing
agreements, ranging from enterprise SaaS agreements to key
strategic alliance partnerships and critical vendor
- Monitor regulatory environments, including new FINRA and SEC
and insurance industry regulation and interpretive guidance, as
well as consumer protection laws (CCPA, GDPR, etc).
- Interpret potential impacts to Hearsay's operations and
corporate risk profile.
- Collaborate with the VP of Compliance regarding regulatory
implications to our customers and potential actions needed.
- Manage, maintain and refine the company's internal risk
mitigation program across all departments.
- Advise senior management on legal strategy and emerging risks
as the company business model scales.
- Oversee general corporate legal duties such as corporate
filings, stock administration, SOC2 audits, etc.
- Eastern US time zone preferred
- 7+ years of experience at a law firm or in-house
- Consistently, and successfully, negotiated enterprise SaaS
- Possess subject matter expertise in at least one of the
following: 1) Cloud computing legal provisions & issues, 2)
Financial Services, 3) Telecommunications
- Comfortable with business metrics and have the ability to break
down complex legal problems into business and legal risks; ability
to explain legal issues to business and technology focused
- Enjoy being cross-functional, you have a strong sense of
ownership, and you strive to continually learn and grow
- Licensed to practice law in the US (or registered as
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion: At Hearsay we believe
that diverse teams are the best teams. We are an equal opportunity
employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
colour, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: Hearsay Social, Eugene , Director of Legal, Other , Remote, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!