Registration & Scheduling Specialist
Company: Oregon Medical Group
Posted on: May 6, 2021
Oregon Medical Group is a growing organization comprised of over
750 dedicated providers and staff, who are focused on the delivery
of high quality medical services.
Successful candidates must have excellent customer service skills
and preferably experience in patient registration or scheduling.
Positions are available in the Call Center and at our 10 medical
Oregon Medical Group offers a competitive salary and benefits
- Paid Time Off up to 4.6 weeks to start
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with a company match after 30
- Low cost health insurance premiums
- Wellness program with ability to earn up to $525
- Company paid corporate gym membership
- Company paid short term disability
- And more!
PURPOSE OF POSITION: The Registration & Scheduling Specialist is
responsible for greeting, providing excellent service and valuing
patients, providers, staff and others as the highest priority. It
is the responsibility of the Registration Specialist to competently
assist patients prior to and during their appointment by obtaining
and updating the patient's personal and insurance information into
our systems. By serving patients in a professional, cheerful and
helpful manner this position acts as a liaison between the patient,
provider and other staff members to ensure that patients receive
the care they need.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Requires sitting and standing for
prolonged periods of time and some bending, stooping and
stretching. Requires hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity
necessary for the operation of basic office equipment such as
computer terminal and telephone. May require lifting up to 25
pounds. Requires hearing in normal acuity range and eyesight
correctable to 20/20. Must have adequate manual dexterity to write
legibly and perform required procedures. Requires the ability to
work quickly under stress.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS: Work is performed in a clinic or
centralized office environment; involving contact with patients in
person or via phone. Work may be stressful at times. Interaction
with others is constant and interruptive. Contact involving dealing
with sick people.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Greet customers, face to face or over the phone, in a prompt,
courteous and helpful manner and ensure customer needs are met.
Answer questions and provide accurate and helpful assistance to
patients and other guests.
- Book, coordinate and reschedule patient's appointments. Relay
necessary messages to clinic staff. Assist in necessary triage of
patients to the back office for appropriate clinical decision
- Interview and schedule/register patients, establish accounts,
verify/update patient demographics/insurance coverage in
- Collect payments from patients and issue receipts. Reconcile
cash received daily.
- As needed, provide assistance to patients. Arrange
transportation for customers as needed (taxi, bus schedules, other
commuter services). Schedule transfer services if required for a
- As needed; act as the Clinic Concierge; greeting, directing and
assisting patients and visitors.
- Attend meetings as required.
- Maintain strictest confidentiality.
- Ongoing customer service training.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Experience and Skills:
- Skill in operating a phone, computer, calculator and photocopy
- Knowledge of coding policies and procedures and insurance
- Ability to examine documents for accuracy and
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive
- Ability to clearly communicate with patients, physicians and
- Ability to take initiative.
- Skill in anticipating and reacting calmly to emergency
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or equivalent. Completion of a
course in medical records technology preferred.
EXPERIENCE: Customer service experience required. One to two years
of experience with patient registration/scheduling and prior work
history with insurance plans/billing preferred.
Keywords: Oregon Medical Group, Eugene , Registration & Scheduling Specialist, Other , Eugene, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!