Senior Security Engineer
Company: Komodo Health
Posted on: June 10, 2021
We Breathe Life Into Data!
At Komodo Health, our mission is to reduce the global burden of
disease. Smarter use of data is essential to this mission. We
combine the world's most comprehensive view of patient encounters
with innovative algorithms and decades of clinical expertise to
power our Healthcare Map, the industry's most precise view of the
U.S. healthcare system. With the Healthcare Map as our foundation,
we offer a suite of powerful software applications that deliver
exceptional value to the industry.
Our people are the center of our success. We are a smart,
supportive team with diverse perspectives and a shared passion for
fixing what's broken in healthcare. It's fun, challenging and
important. Join us!
The Opportunity at Komodo Health:
Komodo is growing rapidly and expanding our product portfolio.
This means our security needs are correspondingly increasing, and
we are looking for an experienced individual to help us Shift Left
and improve our security posture across the organization.
The Security team's mission is to ensure our data,
infrastructure, and applications are safeguarded. Since we work
with healthcare data, security is high priority.
In this role, you'll have an opportunity to wear multiple hats
and support security initiatives broadly across the company and
will be a key contributor in maturing our security
Looking back at your first 12 months at Komodo, you will
- Developed an understanding of our security strategy and our
- Contribute to improving our cloud security, application
security, data security, or corporate security
- Developed internal tooling to automate security detection and
- Improved our ability to detect vulnerabilities in our
- Vet the security posture for third party vendors
- Partner with internal engineering teams to implement projects
and respond to ad-hoc requests
- Monitor and respond to alerts from SIEM and other alerts
- Respond to ad-hoc requests.
Some of the projects we are currently working on:
- Re-architecting our IAM permissioning to enable scale and least
- Developing a Vulnerability Management strategy
- Evaluating Container Analysis Tools
- Rolling out an Application Security training program
- Rolling out a Vulnerability Disclosure Program
What you bring to Komodo Health:
- Experience with Identity and Access Management (AWS, IAM, Okta,
- Experience with securing resources in AWS including networking
services such as VPCs, security groups, and TCP/IP
- Experience with security services in AWS Cloudtrail, GuardDuty,
AWS Config, Trusted Advisor
- Experience with Python scripting and automation
- Experience responding to and investigating security events and
- Ability to get up to speed on new security framework and
- Experience with application security, OWASP Top 10, SAST, and
- Willingness to be a security generalist and wear multiple
Curiosity piqued? Learn more about us!
- Komodo Health Secures $220M in Series E funding led by Tiger
- Komodo Health Acquires Mavens, Series D funding led by ICONIQ
- Wealthfront: The 2021 Career Launching Companies List
- In Conversation with Dr. Arif Nathoo, Komodo Health's CEO
- Komodo Health's 'Meet a Dragon' series
- Komodo's Values that Drive our Culture
Keywords: Komodo Health, Eugene , Senior Security Engineer, Other , Remote, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!