Senior Frontend Engineer, Payment Protection
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Our team helps customers proactively prevent payment fraud.
Commerce and financial transactions are increasingly moving online.
While the internet has enabled easier and instantaneous payments,
it has also introduced a layer of anonymity between the transacting
parties. We believe that machine learning is THE way to empower
internet-scale businesses to prevent payment fraud. By providing a
clear, accurate assessment of risk at multiple points of the
end-user journey, we enable merchants to eliminate fraud losses,
and create adaptive, frictionless experiences for low risk
What you will do
As an experienced full-stack engineer on the Payment Protection
team, you will work closely with product managers, data scientists
and other software engineers to deliver various features for the
Payment Protection Product into the Sift Console, which is a
modern, single-page web application built on React and ES2015,
powered by our API backend, additionally using D3, Webpack (among
other technologies). Specifically, you will
- Work with our design team to help shape an intuitive user
experience that provides clear customer value, while building
concrete implementation plans.
- Partner with product management to take customer feedback into
account, and engage deeply with them to streamline the overall
customer experience on core usage scenarios.
- Work with back-end platform engineers to deliver end-to-end
enterprise-class features for the Payment Protection product into
- Drive the architecture and technical direction of the Payment
Protection product - our front-end framework and backend
- Help to grow and refine our team's engineering practices,
allowing us to scale ourselves up in terms of both engineering
velocity and reliability.
What would make you a strong fit
- 5+ years experience designing/delivering highly-available
- Experience with design and visualization
- Experience with RESTful services, API design
- Experience working in Java
- Experience with cloud infrastructure (e.g. GCP, AWS,
- Strong communication & collaboration skills, and a belief that
team output is more important than individual output
- You are a self-starter, with a quick learning curve.
- Start-up experience as one of the first few engineers
A little about us:
Sift is the leading innovator in Digital Trust & Safety.
Hundreds of disruptive, forward-thinking companies like Airbnb,
Zillow, and Twitter trust Sift to deliver outstanding customer
experience while preventing fraud and abuse.
The Sift engine powers Digital Trust & Safety by helping
companies stop fraud before it happens. But it's not just another
anti-fraud platform: Sift enables businesses to tailor experiences
to each customer according to the risk they pose. That means
fraudsters experience friction, but honest users do not. By drawing
on insights from our global network of customers, Sift allows
businesses to scale, win, and thrive in the digital era.
Benefits and perks:
- Competitive total compensation package
- 401k plan
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Wellness reimbursement
- Education reimbursement
- Flexible time off
Sift is an equal opportunity employer. We make better decisions
as a business when we can harness diversity in our experience,
data, and background. Sift is working toward building a team that
represents the worldwide customers that we serve, inclusive of
people from all walks of life who can bring their full selves to
work every day.
This document provides transparency around the way in which Sift
handles personal data of job applicants: https://sift.com/recruitment-privacy
Keywords: Sift, Eugene , Senior Frontend Engineer, Payment Protection, Other , Remote, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!