PURPOSE OF POSITION: Works as a team member of Case Management
assisting medically and psychosocially complex patients and
families, understand their condition and treatment, and help them
live their healthiest life.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Work may require sitting for long
periods of time. Some bending, stooping and stretching required.
Occasionally requires full range of body motion including handling
and lifting patients, manual and finger dexterity, and eye-hand
coordination. Occasionally may lift and carry items weighing up to
25 pounds. Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS: Work is performed in an office
environment and involves regular face-to-face contact with patients
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
Works with patients identified and referred to them by Case
Management and other members of the care team.
Collaborates with Case Managers in the care of complex
Develops care plans.
Monitors and records patient progress according to measurable
goals described in care plan.
Modifies care plans to accommodate client needs.
Collaborates with other professionals to evaluate patients'
medical or physical conditions and to assess client needs.
Evaluates patients for social determinants of health and
Identifies and plans for appropriate services applying a
knowledge of services in the community. Coordinates effective
planning and arranges for needed services when appropriate.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Experience and Skills:
- Demonstrates knowledge of community health, welfare, and social
- Demonstrates proficiency in social work practice
- Demonstrates critical thinking skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including
sensitivity to other cultures and ethnicities
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Proficient computer skills including MS Office applications and
- Familiarity with principles of health promotion/disease
EDUCATION: Master's degree in social work
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of 2 years' experience in a healthcare
setting with recent clinical experience as a Medical Social Worker.
Demonstrates knowledge of community health, welfare, and social
agencies. Demonstrates proficiency in social work practice.
CERTIFICATION: Certification in Case Management preferred.
Current healthcare BLS/CPR certification required. Current Oregon
driver license in good standing with reliable and insured
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance - low- or no-cost
depending on level of coverage
- 401(k) retirement plan with employer match
- Paid Time Off
- Education assistance and tuition reimbursement
To learn more about the benefits of working for Oregon Medical
Group, visit https://oregonmedicalgroup.com/about-us/careers.html
About Oregon Medical Group
Oregon Medical Group provides patients with a single point of
access to a full range of comprehensive and coordinated health
care, including primary care, pediatrics and over 2o other
specialties. Supporting services include on-site labs and x-ray
services, a state-of-the-art imaging department, physical therapy,
infusion center and more. OMG emphasizes preventative care and
healthy living as it cares for patients. Addressing the cause of
health issues is as important as treating symptoms; many OMG
patients credit their physicians and clinicians for support with
health, fitness and other lifestyle choices. Founded in 1988, OMG
physicians, clinicians and staff provide care from 10 locations
across the Eugene and Springfield areas to help our patients live
their healthiest lives. Learn more at OregonMedicalGroup.com.
- Our Mission: We collaborate to provide the highest quality,
- Our Vision: Together, we help you live your healthiest
- Our Values: Servant Leadership - Professionalism -