Staff Data Engineer
Company: Vonage Holdings Corp.
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Vonage Engineering Mission: We embody the notion of be what's
next now! We envision, develop and manage technology to connect the
world. Our team brings excellence, passion, creativity and
curiosity to the job. We look at the business environment and
technologies in new and challenging ways, striving to develop and
deliver integrated whole-system solutions to meet our customers'
Why this role matters
Data Engineering builds, deploys and supports the world-class
data and analytics infrastructure and tools required for Vonage's
rapidly expanding business. We design, construct and optimize
systems for data storage, manipulation and management across a
range of business entities and digital systems. You can join our
team as a Staff Data Engineer, applying methodological, disciplined
and creative approaches for data and associated system design,
development and realization.
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOU, CONTINUE READING BELOW.
What you will do
- Apply advanced knowledge of data engineering principles,
methodologies and techniques to design and implement data loading
and aggregation frameworks across broad areas of the
- Collaborate with senior management, key project leaders and
stakeholders and other engineers in the design and development of
data management products.
- Architect ETL processes, using data integration tools, scripts
and stored procedures to extract data from multiple systems,
applications and other sources.
- Build and apply best practices to transform raw data into
easy-to-use dimensional data.
- Drive development of highly scalable data pipelines to load
data from various systems, using state-of-the-art technologies to
orchestrate, schedule and monitor workflows.
- Ensure data architectures are aligned with and support business
- Enable development of reliable, accurate, scalable and
up-to-date batch data pipelines to make data easily consumable by
end-users and other systems.
- Develop tools to monitor, debug and analyze data
- Provide subject matter expertise and guidance to both internal
and external data consumers and customers.
- Identify, design and implement internal data management process
What you will bring
- Advanced knowledge of programming languages such as Python,
Java and Scala.
- Wide-ranging experience with relational databases and DWH
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms and distributed
- Comprehensive understanding of cloud infrastructure and the
deployment of related infrastructure information.
- Excellent communication skills, including writing, speaking and
- Ability to:
- Apply analytical skills to evaluate and interpret technical and
- Work effectively with technical and non-technical people.
- Identify opportunities for process and procedure improvement to
drive efficiency and improve customer service levels.
What is required for application
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or
related technical field.
- Prior experience (7+ years) in data engineering or similar
What is in it for you
In addition to providing exciting work, career advancement
opportunities, and a collaborative work environment, Vonage
provides competitive pay and benefits including unlimited
discretionary time off and tuition reimbursement.
Keywords: Vonage Holdings Corp., Eugene , Staff Data Engineer, Other , Remote, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!