RN - Home Health
Company: Peace Health
Posted on: June 10, 2021
PeaceHealth is seeking a RN - Home Health for a Per Diem/Relief,
Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $38.61, more depending
Responsible for providing direct skilled nursing care and
coordination/management of patients admitted to home care/clinic
services using considerable judgment and skill in making patient
care decisions. Utilizes the professional healthcare process of
assessment, problem identification/planning/intervention and
clinical/goal outcome evaluation.
- Perform initial evaluation of patient/home and apply admission
criteria to determine if patient is safe candidate for home
- Provide skilled nursing care to patients and skilled
education/instruction to patients and caregivers according to the
home health/hospice plan of treatment.
- Performs physical assessments, develops, coordinate, modifies,
and manages written individualized plan of care, as ordered by the
primary physician, to meet patient's long and short-term medical
goals and appropriate/timely home health outcomes.
- Develops and clinically manages the Home Health Aide's care
plan according to the patient's evolving personal are needs.
- Coordinates care, collaborates, and communicates with other
members of the interdisciplinary team to assure appropriate and
smooth flow of care/services through the care continuum.
- Performs discharge planning appropriately towards patient
specific goals/outcomes and evaluate interventions and outcomes of
patient care by reviewing long and short-term goals established in
the plan of care.
- Provide accurate, complete, and timely clinical documentation
in compliance with regulatory, quality and Agency guidelines.
- Assist with the plan and implementation of family Bereavement
services for the following patient death.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing required.
- BSN preferred.
- Two years acute clinical or home health/hospice nursing
- One year home health experience preferred or will orient to
point of competency.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific
principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each
- Current Registered Nurse licensure in the state in which nurse
will be practicing.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date
- Valid driver's license (OR, WA or AK as applicable) and proof
of auto insurance required.
- Basic computer skills including MS Office applications
- Well organized, flexible and able to function
- Cooperative working skills, leadership skills, and
interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with a wide
variety of patients, families, and staff.
REGION/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
PHOR and SIUSLAW:
- RN Home Health job classification in ONA bargaining unit.
FLORENCE PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires active physical exertion up to 33% of the
- Ability to lift objects weighing 80 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor
ventilation or sharp instruments; reasonably anticipated exposure
to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration or
attention to detail (more than 65% of work time).
- Provides patient care in an uncontrolled home environment;
operates motor vehicle on urban and rural roadways up to 25% of
This position is represented by a collective bargaining
agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for
Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please
attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative
Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local,
state, or federal laws.
Keywords: Peace Health, Eugene , RN - Home Health, Other , Florence, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!