Senior Software/Data Engineer
Company: Cubic Corporation
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Cubic Transportation Systems
Cubic offers an opportunity to provide innovative technology for
government and commercial customers around the globe, helping to
solve their future problems today. We're the leading integrator of
payment and information technology and services for intelligent
travel solutions worldwide, and the leading provider of realistic
combat training systems, secure communications and networking and
highly specialized support services for military and security
forces of the U.S. and allied nations. If you have an
entrepreneurial spirit and thrive in an innovative environment, we
want to talk to you about your next role at Cubic! We are seeking
employees inspired by technology, and motivated by the rewards of
hard work, commitment, teamwork, quality, integrity, and respect.
We invite you to explore opportunities with Cubic.
Incumbent will be responsible for designing, building, and
optimizing analytics and data management solutions to expand the
capabilities and products delivered by our analytics platform. Must
be comfortable interfacing with and supporting multiple teams and
working with product managers, data engineers, data scientists,
business analysts, and project managers, at different regional
offices across the globe. The ideal candidate has a passion for
data, has experience building data management solutions in the
Azure cloud and deploying to production environments, and enjoys
working in a self-directed semi--structured environment. Incumbents
of this position will regularly exercise discretionary and
substantial decision-making authority.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Software engineering, development, architecture, and
- Designs and develops novel analytic applications and data
management systems to provide new product capabilities and
- Deploys applications and libraries to cloud environments,
performs database maintenance and performance tuning, query
optimizations, and supports end-to-end pipeline and solution
- Conducts in-House design reviews and technical meetings, writes
technical documentation, and makes presentations before management
- Implements complex big data projects with a focus on
collecting, parsing, managing, analyzing and visualizing large sets
of data to turn information into insights using multiple
- Builds configurable, parametrized, scalable, robust
- Designs and develops data ingestion and integration solutions
from multiple and different types of data sources and databases,
including web APIs, Protobuf feeds, and SQL databases
- Supports development of project concepts, objectives,
specifications and resource needs. Prepares design specifications,
analyses and recommendations.
- Participates in the design, development, planning modification
and/or improvement of data management systems and analytic
solutions in accordance with Cubic engineering procedures.
- Conceptualizes, develops and analyzes engineering designs,
specifications and test plans for systems and advanced technology
theory and knowledge.
- Keeps abreast of improvements in software engineering and data
management. Identifies engineering process improvement and supports
the execution of them across the organization.
- Assumes additional technical responsibilities as needed.
Technologies we use:
- Azure Cloud Platform Services
- Azure Data Factory Synapse Analytics
- Azure Data Warehouse
- Analysis Services
- Azure Functions
- Azure DevOps
Minimum Job Requirements:
This position is eligible for remote work
Education: Bachelor's degree in computer science, mathematics,
or related discipline.
Experience should include:
- 5+ years of hands-on web development, experience.
- Extensive experience coding HTML5/CSS3 and building web
- Experience integrating with a variety of relational and NoSQL
databases including PostgreSQL and Hadoop
- Experience with Agile development methodology and source code
management using Git
- Knowledge and experience implementing robust user/session
security and management protocols, as well as integrating 3rd party
applications into the security framework
- Experience with cloud services (AWS, Azure, PaaS, SaaS)
D3.js, jQuery, Node.js, Angular, SQL
- Experience using BitBucket or other Git tools
Preferred skills and experience:
- Experience building elastic, scalable APIs
- Familiar with Java/J2EE development and .NET framework
- Experience building Android/iOS applications
- Database design, schema definition, and database
- Prior experience working in the transportation or logistics
industries is a plus
- U.S. Person and eligible to work in the United States
The description provided above is not intended to be an
exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities and
requirements. Duties, responsibilities and requirements may change
over time and according to business need.
Keywords: Cubic Corporation, Eugene , Senior Software/Data Engineer, Other , Remote, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!