Lead Software Engineer - iOS
Company: The Knot Worldwide Inc.
Posted on: June 12, 2021
WHAT WE DO MATTERS:
Here at The Knot Worldwide, we believe in doing work that
matters. In 16 countries around the world, our leading family of
brands (The Knot, WeddingWire, Bodas, Hitched, The Bash, The Bump,
and more) inspire, inform, and celebrate our communities as they
move through life's milestones. Our couples and business partners
depend on us. They're all in. So are we.
ABOUT THE ROLE AND OUR TEAM:
The Knot Worldwide is seeking a Lead iOS Engineer who will be
responsible for developing major new features in our couples- and
vendor-facing iOS apps in the US and International. The team works
on the Marketplace section of the app, which helps our users find
the vendors needed to plan and execute their event. The position
will also help drive improvements to the existing iOS codebase
using Swift, and the core iOS SDKs. You will work in a fast paced
environment with product managers, designers, and engineers all on
the same team, we are highly collaborative!
We are open to this role being based out of NYC office location
or fully remote and may be performed anywhere in the United States,
except for in the state of Colorado.
- Work closely with other engineers, product managers, and
designers to rapidly iterate on product requirements and UX/UI
designs, evaluate scope, understand and clearly communicate
trade-offs, identify technical obstacles, and build consensus on
- Provide technical guidance and mentorship to members on the
team via insightful code reviews, pairing, and adding technical
detail to tickets.
- Promote a culture of continuous feedback and collaboration with
the Engineering Manager.
- Guide and facilitate architectural conversations for the team
and partner with other Leads to set architectural vision for the
mobile team as a whole.
- Partner with our associated web engineers to stay abreast of
the changes to various APIs and endpoints and suggest ways to make
those APIs more mobile-friendly when necessary.
- Assist the engineering manager in writing technical chores
necessary for implementing large features.
- Monitor the codebase for opportunities to improve and write
technical chores to tackle code debt accordingly.
SUCCESSFUL LEAD iOS ENGINEER CANDIDATES HAVE:
- 5+ years of experience building native iOS apps in a
professional team environment.
- Advanced knowledge of Swift, and the iOS development ecosystem
as a whole.
- Experience building complex, high quality iOS applications, and
have a deep understanding of iOS app design principles, patterns,
and best practices.
- Experience writing automated tests and continuous integration
for iOS applications.
- A strong knowledge of algorithms, data structures and
- Thorough understanding of UIKit, MVVM, RESTful APIs, GraphQL,
and Git best practices.
- Excellent verbal/written communication and collaboration
At The Knot Worldwide, we believe you are more than a resume and
invite you to go for it, take the leap of faith, and apply for this
job if it sparks your passion to join TKWW and make a
WHAT WE LOVE ABOUT YOU:
- You Dream Big. You iterate and experiment to drive
- You Love Our Users. You keep our global community at the center
of everything you do.
- You Do the Right Thing. You strengthen your team through
respect, fairness, and inclusion.
- You Hustle Every Day. You favor urgency and own your
- You Win Together. People are at the heart of our success and
you play as a team.
WHAT YOU LOVE ABOUT US:
The Knot Worldwide offers a unique employee experience and we
are deeply proud of our award-winning culture. We offer a full
benefits package including options for medical, dental and vision
insurance and a 401k with company match. From flexible vacation and
generous parental leave benefits to promoting wellness and giving
back to our community, we believe in happiness above all else-in
and out of the office.
The Knot Worldwide provides equal employment opportunities (EEO)
to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to
race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability. In
addition to federal law requirements, The Knot Worldwide complies
with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in
employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
The Knot Worldwide expressly prohibits any form of workplace
harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age,
genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
If you are a resident of California, by submitting your
application, you acknowledge that you've read the California
Keywords: The Knot Worldwide Inc., Eugene , Lead Software Engineer - iOS, Other , Remote, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!