What we offer
As a Maintenance Technician, you will assist with the
implementation and documentation of site safety plans, all URW
engineering operational standards and guidelines as well as site
specific standards, policies and procedures relating to the
engineering department. These duties include but are not limited to
the installation, repair, and maintenance of the facility
Support the Facilities team with oversight and upkeep of the
physical plant, including grounds, utility services, HVAC,
plumbing, electrical systems, electronic systems, carpentry,
plumbing, etc. and performs other tasks as assigned in the best
manner possible for the safety and health of all concerned, and
coordinate these activities as needed.
This individual will:
Support all preventive maintenance repair operations, follows
schedules for emergency repair activities according to priorities
set by the Facilities Manager. Has knowledge in areas such as
electric theory, mechanical systems, hydraulic systems, and safety
procedures. Perform equipment inspections, noting equipment
condition, ensuring that proper maintenance is being performed in
accordance with URW standards. Supports Facilities in the
implementation of the quality assurance program for all work
performed by the engineering department.
Participates in various facility programs and committees
relating to assigned responsibilities' such as safety, disaster,
fire, pollution control, etc. Assists with developing a plan and/or
procedure for controlling, labeling, recording estimated life
expectancy, maintenance, and inspecting all capital and non-capital
equipment within the facility and communicates this to URW
management. Recommends equipment purchases to replace obsolete
equipment items and provide assistance in formulating long-range
equipment replacement requirements and coordinates actions with
contractors. Assists in the development and implementation of
operating and extraordinary expense budgets as required. Supports
standards and work methods; takes steps to assure quality and
quantity of performance.
Assists with establishing plans for improving departmental work
emphasizing efficiency and economy. Follows policies and
procedures, discusses job problems, and employee concerns with
management supervisors and employees. Embraces habits and attitudes
for improved performance and good employee attitudes. Ensures that
general safety, fire prevention regulations are enforced, and safe
working habits are promoted throughout the facility. Ensures that
all shop equipment is properly maintained and conforms to safety
standards and promotes good housekeeping principles. Supports a
systematic program to promote energy awareness and conservation
within the facility. Maintains an on-going self-improvement program
to keep abreast of new equipment, standards, codes, and maintenance
In this role, your main missions are:
- Supports and follows URW operational policies and
- Responsible for driving and managing all aspects of the
aesthetic of the mall and maintaining a consistently high customer
- Sets and maintains a professional work environment.
- Ensure standards of service and commitment.
- Functions include daily walkthroughs of the center.
- Inspects the interior / exterior of the building on a daily
basis and follows up on any deficiencies noted.
- Processes administrative paperwork in accordance to
departmental policies and procedures.
- Reports to and collaborates with management of the facility
- As appropriate, records all pertinent data in building logbooks
and makes all appropriate daily entries.
- Follows department work schedules and performs work
- Performs simple procedures and tasks and other routine
- Perform related duties as required - a "can do, will do"
- Utilizes the CMMS system and ECOWISE system to efficiently
manage the operation of the center. Responsible for the integrity
of information in these systems and databases and ensuring these
tools are fully utilized.
- Coordinates parts, supplies and equipment from local vendors
- Oversees any on-site equipment or asset inventory.
- Supports and follows URW safety program.
- Ensure compliance with safe practices and standards.
- Inspects and maintains fire life safety systems
- Maintains all fire and life safety systems according to local
code and in a way that protects visitors, shoppers and
- Responsible for practicing safe work habits and maintaining a
safe work environment for themselves and others at all times to
ensure compliance with all safety programs at the direction of Risk
- Responsible to report any unsafe practices or unsafe conditions
to the attention of their supervisor.
- Facilitates with emergency planning and response in
coordination with other key members of the center-level management
- Attends required training classes and programs as
- Assures good communication.
- Works with management on plant related and tenant related
- Participates in regular required communication meetings with
Facilities staff and Center management.
- Develops goals for department and self.
- Builds morale and a team approach.
- Complies with employment laws and employment practices.
- Supports growth opportunities and potential.
- Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of
this position and a requirement.
- Performs miscellaneous tasks as assigned.
What we are looking for
- Experience that is commensurate with the specific facility for
the position of Sr. Maintenance Technician.
- Prefer 3+ years progressive operations experience preferably
within a retail environment.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Computer skills and building automation systems experience
- Should have computer proficiency with familiarity and
experience with CMMS computer-based work order systems.
- Ability to perform tasks that require bending, climbing,
walking and use of extremities.
- Able to operate and use bench and portable tools
- General familiarity with public area and back of house risk
areas of a shopping center and measures used to reduce risk in
- Ability to work a rotating schedule during operating hours of
- Must be able to respond to the property 7 days a week, 24 hours
a day to handle emergencies.
What is important to us
The following values bring us together and guide our actions.
They are the foundation of who we are today and who we will be
tomorrow: EXCELLENCE We only aim for the best - TEAMWORK We unite
talent to win as a team - ETHICS We build on trust and transparency
- BOLDNESS We dare with vision and agility - PASSION We go the
extra mile - OWNERSHIP We are empowered to deliver.
We want someone who is committed, thorough, works well in a
team, exudes positive energy and ready to grow within an
international company. We offer a collaborative, innovative, and
achievement focused culture with unique opportunities for growth.
We strive for excellence and our culture fosters autonomy,
innovation and the collective power of our employees. If you are
looking to work on stimulating and empowering missions, amongst
great team members, while being challenged daily, do not hesitate
Unibail-Rodamco-Westfield is an equal opportunity employer that
embraces diversity of backgrounds, perspectives, experience and
skills. We believe that diversity plays an important part in the
success of our business and we are committed to creating an
environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most
of people's individual differences.
We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, and other legally protected