Professional Services, Technical Manager (Remote)
Company: Medallia, Inc.
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Medallia's mission is to help companies win through customer
experience. The world's best-loved brands trust Medallia's
Experience Cloud, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an
organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer
data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great.
Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the
2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a
global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York,
Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, Tel Aviv, and
Prague. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make
them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a
job title-nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We
are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former
classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate
different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of
the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of
The Professional Services team deploys and manages the Medallia
feedback platform for leading global companies across retail,
financial services, hospitality and high tech. As a member of the
team, you will partner with senior decision makers at some of
Medallia's largest clients on a mission critical task-helping them
improve in the eyes of their customers. You will work with
cutting-edge technology and tackle real business problems and gain
exposure to software implementation and servicing to enhance a huge
enterprise's customer experience. In addition, you will work with
great colleagues. You will develop your customer-first mindset,
learn about positioning compelling product features to customers,
and manage our product delivery against customer needs. Most
importantly, you get to build: build a great company, build awesome
relationships and programs with our customers and colleagues all
while building an exciting new industry.
As a Professional Services Technical Manager you will oversee
the technical design and delivery of Experience Management
solutions for customers. You will be seen as the expert on
Medallia's platform and our technical capabilities, and you will
provide leadership and mentorship to other members of the
Professional Services team. This is the ideal opportunity for
someone with a background in technology and an analytical mind, who
is excited to tackle new challenges, question the status quo,
provide thought leadership, and who is driven to find solutions
that delight clients and colleagues.
Deployment and Evolution of Medallia Solutions
- Lead technical delivery for complex accounts and projects with
high level thinking and execution, through effective partnership
with a Project Manager.
- Lead the deployment of integrations between Medallia and
popular SaaS platforms, like Salesforce, Adobe, and ServiceNow,
- Drive program success through high quality, scalable
architecture, that delivers positive business outcomes.
- Engage with clients to understand business cases and provide
- Own and drive the technical health strategy for assigned
- Provide direction and advice on the architecture, quality, and
sustainability of Medallia's programs.
- Leverage knowledge to guide other Professional Services team
members through system design, configuration and deployment.
- Identify knowledge gaps and lead efforts to define and share
best practices across Medallia.
- Partner with Engineering and Product on feature releases on
- Lead critical initiatives such as Quality, Debt, and Scale,
driving platform and process improvements that enable Medallia to
meet the growing needs of our clients.
- 5+ years of experience in the software industry, with extensive
knowledge of enterprise software technologies (CRM, ERP, HRIS,
- Proficient with integration technologies and protocols (APIs,
REST, HTTP, SFTP, etc.) and common web technologies, including
- Understanding of common security concepts and standards (SSO,
SAML, OAuth, RBAC, etc.).
- Ability to develop data architectures - designing data flows
that are aligned with customer information systems.
- Hands-on experience with popular SaaS applications, such as
Salesforce, Adobe, and ServiceNow.
- Demonstrated interest in technology, including comfort with
technical concepts and self-guided learning.
- Passion for helping clients; empathy for their challenges,
ability to build relationships and effectively communicate with
- Solution-oriented; passion for creative problem solving,
comfortable tackling new and undefined problem spaces.
- Ability to understand, synthesize, and translate between
complex business problems and technical concepts.
- Strong technical project management and stakeholder management
- Ability to work across functions and influence other parts of
the org (i.e. product, eng).
- Dedicated to enabling others through effective teaching,
coaching, and knowledge distribution.
- Growth-minded; desire for continuous learning and proactively
driving initiatives for improvement.
- Thrive in a high-growth, fast-paced environment.
- 5+ years experience in enterprise software, management or IT
consulting, project management, customer management, market
research, or similar experience.
- Bachelor's degree in quantitative/analytical degree, such as
engineering, computer science, statistics, or economics.
- Familiarity with cloud service providers, such as AWS, Google
Cloud, and Azure.
- Familiarity with Accessibility compliance standards, such as
WCAG 2.0 Level AA standards as well as compliance with the ADA,
Section 508, and other accessibility related laws.
- Experience using mobile, desktop screen readers, and automated
At Medallia, we don't just accept difference-we celebrate it and
recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees.
Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an
affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration
are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't
unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or
expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex,
marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status,
sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. We
also consider all qualified applicants regardless of criminal
histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable
accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with
the American Disabilities Act and local disability laws.
For information regarding how Medallia collects and uses
personal information, please review our Privacy Policies.
Keywords: Medallia, Inc., Eugene , Professional Services, Technical Manager (Remote), Other , Remote, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!