Principal Enterprise Information Architect
Company: UNUM Group
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Our Fortune 500 company is driving a digital transformation and
looking for forward-thinking innovators to disrupt how our industry
thinks about and uses technology. As one of the world's leading
employee benefits providers, we help millions of people gain
affordable access to benefits that help them protect their
families, their finances and their futures.
Are you an asker of questions, a solver of problems, and a
challenger of the status quo? Our mission is to provide a
differentiated customer experience and exceed the expectations
people have of technology at any company - not just insurers.
We are seeking individuals to join our team of talented IT
professionals who share never-ending passion and an unwavering
focus on our customer experience. Team members comfortable working
in an agile, fast-paced, and delivery-focused environment thrive in
our environment where we value an entrepreneurial spirit and those
who challenge the status-quo.
Unum is changing, and we're excited about what's next. Join
Unum is on a path of digital transformation and we are looking
for a Principal Enterprise Information Architect who has both the
technical capabilities, as well as an executive presence to join
our growing Enterprise Architecture team. As the Principal EIA
under the direction of the Chief Architect you will be responsible
for delivering business value by defining and organizing
information through best practices in enterprise information
modeling, development, & advanced search and discovery.This role is
an opportunity to apply your passion for data with the art of
information architecture supporting strategic business initiatives
in customer behavior, personalization, defining & delivering
advanced data and strategic business & enterprise information
architecture initiatives. In this role you will work closely with
business and technology stakeholders to support strategic data
initiatives, drive cross-functional collaboration, promote business
and technology innovation in knowledge management and advanced
analytics, and provide guidance on best practices and standards in
information management, agile data governance, and modern data
security and protection.
- Master's degree in Information Science, Knowledge Management,
Information Management, or equivalent professional experience with
emphasis on enterprise-wide architecture, governance, and solutions
spanning 8-10+ years of senior technology experience.
- Create and manage the Enterprise Information Model (EIM), which
is part of the four-fold architectural model of our company
(People, Process, Information, and Technology).
- Ability to quickly consume and understand data & information
technology models; can apply gap analysis techniques to create
long-term technical strategy.
- Create and maintain technical roadmaps and architectural
development models for Data engineering and transformation of
similar scale and complexity.
- Experience in Information Systems design and configuration
developing architectures that enable a digital transformation
within a business.
- Solid understanding of key business and technology disciplines
including Master Data and metadata integration design and
- Experience in multiple facets of architecture to include Data
Lake and Data Warehouse Systems design and configuration, business
functional domains, technology domains, applications, and
- Experience in large, complex, heterogeneous environments
including legacy platforms preferred.
- Superb interpersonal skills and the ability to work as part of
a close-knit, collaborative, and highly skilled Enterprise
- Excellent communications skills presenting architecture topics
to multiple levels of business and technology stakeholders to
include proven ability to prepare technical presentations and
communicate to upper management.
- Experience in building information architecture products and
services roadmap and capabilities in an enterprise
- Experience in training and educating master data and metadata
management and its associated value.
- Experience with working with source control management (GitHub)
and common CI/CD frameworks.
- Experience developing integration strategies for metadata
management and master data platforms such as IBM MDM.
Principal Job Duties:
- Will work with various stakeholders in both business and IT to
elicit data needs and information requirements to define and
develop conceptual and logical data models in a dynamic environment
maintaining relationships with key stakeholders
- Will work closely with multiple engineering teams to review and
revise structures based on business requirements
- Will translate metadata expertise into actionable business
- Will be responsible for creating detailed project workplans and
justify estimates of work
- Collaborates with multiple business and technical stakeholders
to create, maintain, and iteratively implement a sustainable and
future-proof set of architectural roadmaps.
- Collaborates with architects across the enterprise to ensure
standardized, efficient, high quality, architecturally sound
implementations of technology roadmaps.
- Leads assessment of external technology solutions and services
ensuring consistency with existing business needs and architectural
- Recognizes potential strategic applications of technologies,
and initiates investigation and development of innovative methods
of exploiting existing technology assets, to the benefit of
organizations and the community. Plays a leading role in improving
the interaction and understanding between the business and IT.
- Champion's architecture, technology, and innovation across the
enterprise through various modes of communication, with focus on
the development community.
Our company is built on helping individuals and families, and
this starts with our employees. We want employees to maintain a
positive balance, which is why we provide access to the benefits
and resources they need to invest in themselves. From our onsite
fitness facilities and generous paid time off to employee
professional development programs, we are committed to helping
employees live and work their best - both inside and outside the
Unum is an equal opportunity employer, considering all qualified
applicants and employees for hiring, placement, and advancement,
without regard to a person's race, color, religion, national
origin, age, genetic information, military status, gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or
protected veteran status.
Keywords: UNUM Group, Eugene , Principal Enterprise Information Architect, Other , Remote, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!