Company: Amsurg Corp.
Posted on: June 12, 2021
AMSURG, the Envision Healthcare solution for ambulatory surgery
centers (ASCs), collaborates with physicians and health systems
across the country to provide and promote quality patient care. We
are the nationally recognized leader in the strategic and
operations management of ASCs that deliver high quality, high
value, same-day surgical services with a superior patient
experience. Launched in 1992 as an ASC industry pioneer, AMSURG is
currently partnered with nearly 2,000 specialty physicians
providing outpatient surgical services in more than 250 facilities
in 34 states.
We have an exciting opportunity available on our team for an
experienced Coding Auditor to support our ambulatory surgery
centers across the nation. This is a remote position, allowing the
Auditor to be based anywhere in the country.
This position is responsible for performing coding quality
audits of ambulatory, physician, and anesthesia coding to assure
appropriateness and accurate code assignments in accordance with
CMS guidelines and to provide ongoing feedback and analysis of the
education needs for the staff.
- Coordinate, schedule, and perform the documentation and coding
audits of ambulatory, physician, and anesthesia records;
- Evaluate the quality of clinical documentation to identify
incomplete or inconsistent documentation that could impact the
quality of data being reported;
- Audit codes performed by providers from medical records
according to ICD-10, CPT, HCPCS, and CMS guidelines;
- Review and maintain orders, invoices, and records to ensure
- Prepare written reports of audit findings of inappropriate
documentation/coding and coding trends found during chart
- Provide assistance with coding inquiries from providers, charge
poster/coders, billing staff, etc.;
- Maintain up to date knowledge of coding guidelines as they
relate to our services;
- Maintain strictest confidentiality and adhere to all HIPAA
guidelines and regulations;
- Attend in-services, seminars, and webinars for additional
education and performance improvement;
- Able to consistently meet established production and quality
goals and metrics;
- Must be comfortable in a work-from-home environment;
- Must meet company basic standards for working remotely;
- Regular and reliable attendance required.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential responsibility satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skills and/or abilities required.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) and 2+
years' experience as detailed above;
- Active Certified Professional Coder status (CPC);
- Strong data entry skills; experience with 10-key data
- Flexible, high achiever with the ability to learn quickly and
consistently meet department goals and deadlines;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Organized, with demonstrated ability to follow through on open
items in a timely manner;
- Able to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, in
- Knowledge of medical terminology; ICD-10, CPT, HCPCS, and CMS
guidelines; and HIPAA requirements;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Outlook;
- Previous coding experience in any of the following specialties
is highly desirable: Gastroenterology; Ophthalmology,
Multi-specialty, and/or Practice.
Must be able to handle multiple, simultaneous tasks effectively
and efficiently while maintaining a professional, courteous manner.
Must be able to work well with others. Strong verbal and written
communication skills required. Must be detail oriented and
organized. High integrity, including maintenance of confidential
information. Must be able to exercise good judgment and positively
influence and lead others, including handling confrontations with
poise and efficiency. Based on business need, the ability to work a
flexible schedule, including some evenings and weekends as approved
Must pass a background check and drug screen.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate in practices or employment opportunities
on the basis of an individual's race, color, national or ethnic
origin, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital
status, veteran status, disability, or any other prohibited
category set forth in federal or state regulations.
Apply Now! Come Join our Team!
We offer Competitive Pay and Work/Life Balance/Paid Time Off
Keywords: Amsurg Corp., Eugene , Coding Auditor, Other , Remote, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!