Customer Advocate - CampusGuard
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Nelnet is a student loan servicer that's grown into a fiber
internet pioneer, real estate investor, and software provider. But
that's just the beginning. With 6,500 associates and growing, we
take our business wherever superior customer experiences and
ingenuity are needed.
The perks of working at Nelnet go beyond our benefits package.
When you join the Nelnet team, you're part of a community invested
in the success of each individual. That support comes through in
our work, as we are united by our mission of creating opportunities
for people where they live, learn, and work.
CampusGuard focuses primarily on the needs of campus based
organizations including higher education institutions, healthcare
providers, city, county and state government agencies and
hospitality markets. All of our staff has experience working with
the unique needs of these campus based environments. With a primary
focus on assisting organizations with achieving compliance with the
Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) and the
Health Information Privacy and Accountability Act (HIPAA), in
addition we are a full service cybersecurity firm experienced in
all industry standard compliance and information security issues.
The Customer Advocate coordinates the efforts of team members, and
in some instances works with third-party contractors in order to
deliver efficient and effective services to our customers. They
establish and maintain constant communication with customers
including selling and reviewing contract services, configuring
portal and online training access, coordinating vulnerability scan
and penetration testing services, establishing and attending
monthly project update calls, and keeping CampusGuard staff
up-to-date on activities at assigned customer sites.
Activities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Engage with customers and Security Advisors in order to fully
comprehend and consequently define project scope, goals, and
deliverables in order to support the business goals of our
- Coordinate project Kick-Off Calls, Onsite Visit schedule of
activities, Assessment Report and Roadmap Review Calls, and Monthly
PCI Team calls.
- Promote and sell Annual Support Agreements, Consulting
Services, Online Training, and other products and services offered
by the Company.
- Develop and maintain loyal and trusted business relationships
with our customers, managing all aspects of the customer
- Develop and maintain customer-specific project plans and
- Plan and schedule project milestones and deliverables, and
track to ensure timely delivery.
- Set realistic timelines by estimating the resources and
participants needed to achieve project goals.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to fellow team
members and customers in a timely and clear fashion.
- Continually manage project expectations with team members and
- Build, develop, and grow any and all business relationships
essential to the overall success of the project by maintaining
integrity in all thoughts and actions.
- Maintain clear and candid communication with customers on an
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requests,
documentation, and presentations as needed.
- Coordinate customer meetings, preparing agendas for each
discussion and detailed notes if requested.
- Coordinate vulnerability scans and/or penetration tests, along
with associated report delivery as determined by customer
- Provide input on customer communications through comments on
articles, social media references, or news alerts on the latest in
industry, Company, and customer news.
- Candidate agrees to complete the PCIP Course and obtain
certification within six (6) months of start date. Assist with
sales and marketing activities:
- Participate in sales calls or presentations as needed
- Attend conferences as appropriate
- Other sales/marketing support duties as requested
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
The Customer Advocate must have sufficient service delivery
knowledge and experience to coordinate customer project
Minimum acceptable education requirements:
Bachelor's degree in Business Management or Project Management,
or the equivalent, and/or 3 years' experience in a Customer
Relationship Management and/or Project Management capacity,
including 1 year process development and execution (preferably at
an institution of higher education).
Minimum acceptable work experience requirements:
- Strong familiarity with project management.
- Experience at working both independently and in a
team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential, with
demonstrated experience in personnel management.
- Direct experience with higher education electronic commerce a
- Experience in working with payment card industry / security
requirements a plus.
COMPETENCIES - SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES:
- Ability to read and understand the communication styles of
customers that come from a broad spectrum of disciplines.
- Gain the customer's trust in order to form the foundation for
effective communication, thereby increasing customer
- Able to educate and influence our customers by explaining our
services and recommending the appropriate services that will best
fit their needs.
- Capable of adjusting to shifting priorities, demands, and
- Reacts to project adjustments and alterations promptly and
- Ability to work unsupervised in a home office setting.
- Maintain integrity and honesty, while being persuasive,
encouraging, and motivating.
- Capable of eliciting cooperation from a wide variety of
sources, including customer's finance organization, IT and other
departments, as well as Company personnel.
- Willing to travel up to 15% of the time.
(C=Core Competencies; F=Functional)
- C- Strong interpersonal skills.
- C- Well-developed written and oral communication skills.
- C- Proficient in conducting research into project-related
- C- Self-motivated, able to work independently with little
support from others.
- C- Self-directed, motivated, hard-working.
- C- Must be able to learn, understand, and apply new
- C- Sales and/or up-sell experience required.
- C- Adept at effectively prioritizing and executing tasks in a
- F- Understanding of PCI DSS.
- F- Understanding of higher education.
Colorado residents; pay range for this role is $65,000 -
Our benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, HSA and
FSA, generous earned time off, 401K/student loan repayment, life
insurance & AD&D insurance, employee assistance program,
employee stock purchase program, tuition reimbursement,
performance-based incentive pay, short- and long-term disability,
and a robust wellness program. Click here to learn more about our
Nelnet is an Equal Opportunity Employer, complies with Executive
Order 11246, and takes affirmative action to ensure that qualified
applicants are employed, and that employees are treated during
employment, without regard to race, color, religion/creed, national
origin, gender, or sex, marital status, age, disability, use of a
guide dog or service animal, sexual orientation, military/veteran
status, or any other status protected by Federal or State law or
local ordinance. Qualified individuals with disabilities who
require reasonable accommodations in order to apply or compete for
positions at Nelnet may request such accommodations by contacting
Nelnet Corporate Recruiting.
Qualified individuals with disabilities who require reasonable
accommodations in order to apply or compete for positions at Nelnet
may request such accommodations by contacting Corporate Recruiting
at 402-486-5725 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nelnet is a Drug Free and Tobacco Free Workplace.
Keywords: Nelnet, Eugene , Customer Advocate - CampusGuard, Other , Remote, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!