Director, Auto Policy & Industry Relations
Posted on: June 12, 2021
At Notarize, we're pulling the future closer. As the first
company to complete a legal online notarization, online mortgage
closing, online will, online auto sales, and countless other
critical transactions, we're proud of our role in bringing
industries into the digital age.
Our business has grown exponentially (over 600%) in the past
year, as companies in a wide variety of industries look to us to
help their customers get crucial legal transactions processed
remotely. We've been dealing with a number of challenging (but
interesting!) scalability issues, as more and more global
enterprise companies look to Notarize to help them speed up
business processes and provide better customer service in a new,
fully-remote world. We're building the team that will operate a
critical platform company in tomorrow's economy. Come join us!
The Notarize Public Affairs - Policy & Industry Relations Team
is seeking a motivated, innovative, and well-connected individual
to engage with trade associations, organizations and other
stakeholders in the automotive industry. Collaborating with
Notarize's other internal and external-facing teams, the Auto
Policy & Industry Relations Senior Director will drive the creation
and refinement of a strategy auto policy agenda.
What you'll do as Director of Auto Policy & Industry Relations
- Drive a public affairs public policy and industry relations
strategic framework in the automotive space.
- Work collaboratively with relevant business, marketing,
communications, and legal teams to ensure alignment between
business priorities and auto public policy goals.
- Assess and anticipate auto industry matters, oversee and
coordinate external efforts, outreach programs, and key
- Represent Notarize on auto industry relations committees,
conferences, meetings and other events.
- Assist in content messaging and content for public
- Facilitate meetings between Notarize and key partners,
including industry associations, businesses and alliance partners
to promote and educate about the company's priorities.
- Represent the Public Affairs Teams in meetings with current and
potential business partners.
What we're looking for:
- 5+ years (or equivalent experience) working with or for auto
- Understanding of and background in issue development pertaining
to auto industry policies.
- Highly effective oral, written and interpersonal communication
skills; ability to efficiently and comfortably interact at highest
corporate and association levels.
- Highest personal levels of ethical conduct, confidentiality and
integrity, with a strong professional reputation in the
- Self-starter with a proven track record of successfully working
with a wide array of functional groups across an organization and
- Comfort working both independently and as part of a broader
team with internal and external partners as needed.
- Ability to influence and persuade others is required. Must be
flexible and demonstrate excellent judgment/decision-making skills,
and political acuity.
Some of our benefits:
- Competitive salaries & equity
- Heavily subsidized medical, dental, and vision
- 401k with 4% match
- Unlimited PTO & flexible work schedules
- Fully-distributed team: work from anywhere in the U.S.
- Paid parental leave
- Annual budget for personal learning & development
- Small, cross-functional teams
- Strong emphasis on collaboration & mentorship
- Paid lunches (through Grubhub) + regular Lunch & Learn
Our core values:
- Solve Problems That Matter: We serve some of the most important
moments in people's lives. It's a responsibility we embrace by
focusing obsessively on the issues that will have a quantifiable
impact on our customers and our company growth.
- Yes Before No: We are optimistic about our ability to change
lives by transforming outmoded processes. We believe our efforts
can create a better future, and it is our attitude that will allow
us to pull that future closer.
- Start With Why: We don't presume to understand the intentions
of the people around us, whether coworkers or customers. We ask
honest questions and listen to feedback in order to gain insight,
build trust, and create memorable experiences.
- Stamp Together: We create a strong team and a welcoming
workplace by valuing diverse perspectives. Every role in our
organization is supported and valued equally, without regard to
location or background.
Notarize is committed to building an inclusive environment for
people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. We
are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the
basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual
orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability
status. We'd love to hear from you.
Keywords: Notarize, Eugene , Director, Auto Policy & Industry Relations, Other , Remote, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!