Principal Software Architect
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Imagine working on a global communication network that's used by
3.7 billion people and every day more than a quarter trillion
messages cross this network. There's just one problem: Because
authentication isn't built into this platform, nobody can be
certain who is sending most of these messages. This gap means that
companies are vulnerable to a whole host of attacks on their
employees, partners, and customers. Whether it's wire fraud, W-2
thefts, or "fake news" in an attempt to destroy a brand, companies
have been powerless to protect themselves against these
Valimail solves this problem. We've built a revolutionary
platform on top of open standards - DMARC, DKIM, and SPF - that for
the first time makes it possible for any organization to protect
itself against email impersonation. Valimail pioneered the notion
of automated email authentication, with innovative components like
our DNS-based Authenticator (including our patented Instant SPF).
Our system enables organizations to authenticate their email
quickly, easily, and reliably.
We're committed to building a more trusted email ecosystem by
being a leader in Email Authentication as a Service. As part of
that commitment, we're active participants in the open source and
standards communities. We're co-authors of open standards like ARC
and BIMI, and contribute to a variety of open source projects that
serve the wider community.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Architect. The
successful candidate will be responsible for designing, developing
and implementing software solutions to address complex business
issues, and providing technical leadership within the engineering
department. The ideal applicant will be able to thrive in a highly
collaborative workplace and actively engage in the development
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide architectural leadership across a number of
interdependent engineering teams, architects, systems and
- Drive design and implementation of durable and software
solutions that will solve critical customer problems.
- Influence the shaping of future products by contributing to the
framework (architecture) used across multiple products or systems.
Drive system and platform thinking within development teams.
- Be the technical expert, researching, evaluating, and
implementing state-of-the-art technology (open source, third party,
- Key member of the team in regards to representing the
technology driven opportunities and implications of various
business and offering strategies and tactics.
- Strong technical documentation and presentation skills to
communicate architectural and design options, educating development
teams, business users, and senior leadership.
- Provide technical leadership and be a role model to software
engineers pursuing a technical career path in engineering.
- Coach and mentor other engineers in process and
- Provide perspective on leading industry trends, recommendations
on new and emerging technologies, technology prototypes, patent
proposals and engineering process improvements.
- Actively stay abreast of web/SaaS/PaaS trends and standards,
recommend best practices and share learning.
- Build strong teams - set and evangelize vision, facilitative
leadership, attract and retain key talent. Talent steward for the
engineering organization, mentor rising leaders.
- Support Software QA, and verification and validation activities
to ensure system quality, functionality, and performance.
- BS/MS in computer science or equivalent work experience.
Significant design/architecture experience.
- 10+ years' experience designing and leading architectural
efforts for web, software or mobile applications.
- Experience with cloud/SaaS, big data, or analytics and Machine
- Boundaryless leadership experience: Applying the nuances of
influencing based on the situation, knowing when to push and when
to ease, driving through designs, ideas, and roadmaps.
- Excellent communication skills: Demonstrated ability to present
to all levels of leadership, including executives.
- Expertise with modern technology stacks, microservices, public
cloud and programming languages.
- Familiarity with the DNS, DMARC, DKIM, SPF and how technology
can be used to solve problems in the end-to-end communication
- Expertise with Agile Development, SCRUM, or Extreme Programming
- Proficiency with Ruby on Rails, Golang, SQL, web application
development, security and open-source technologies
- Team player possessing strong analytical, problem solving and
- Strong mentoring skills. Able to influence and communicate
effectively with both technical and non-technical people.
- Demonstrated ability to work with global teams across time
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced, complex technical
- Experience driving for results across cross-functional teams
while maintaining effective working relationships.
- Excellent communication skills. Communicates clearly,
succinctly and persuasively to all levels of employees, customers
and management (including executives).
- "Self-starter" attitude and the ability to make decisions
- Strong self-motivation and professional pride in your work
Frequently cited statistics show that underrepresented
minorities will only apply to roles if they feel they meet 100% of
the qualifications. At Valimail, we encourage you to break through
that statistic. Roles evolve over time, especially with innovation,
and you may be just the person we need into the future. NO ONE ever
meets 100% of the qualifications. We hope you're open to learning
new skills in order to grow with us. Make our team, your team!
Valimail is the trusted leader in fully automated email
authentication, with the only comprehensive platform for
anti-impersonation, brand protection, and compliance used by
corporations and federal agencies such as Uber, Fannie Mae, WeWork,
and the U.S. Agency for International Development. Valimail Enforce
is the only FedRAMP-authorized email authentication service and,
because it uses no personally identifiable information (PII), it is
also GDPR compliant. Valimail authenticates billions of messages a
month for some of the world's biggest companies, in finance,
government, transportation, health care, manufacturing, media,
technology, and more.
For more information visit www.Valimail.com.
Keywords: ValiMail, Eugene , Principal Software Architect, Other , Remote, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!