We have a simple mission at Calm: To make the world a happier
and healthier place.
The heart of Calm is digital but the brand is expanding offline
into a variety of products and services that bring more peace,
clarity and perspective into people's busy lives. We are building
Calm into the Nike of the Mind. We believe Calm can become one of
the most valuable and meaningful brands in the world.
Over 100 Million people have downloaded the app and we are
growing by 100,000 new downloads a day. The company is profitable
and headquartered in San Francisco, CA.
Calm was co-founded by Alex Tew (Million Dollar Homepage) and
Michael Acton Smith (Mind Candy, Moshi Monsters, Firebox).
As a member of the Calm B2B team, you will work directly with
our partners to help them renew their subscription with Calm. You
will partner with the Account Management team to understand the
customer's adoption rates, experience with Calm, and any nuances
that may impact the renewal. We are constantly evolving and work in
a fast paced environment. We are looking for a dynamic, creative,
collaborative, and innovative individual to be our first B2B
About the Role:
The ideal Renewals Manager has 5-8 years of experience and is
exceptional in understanding contracts, pricing structures, and
building rapport. In this role, you will gain a deep understanding
of Calm's B2B pricing structure, contracting process, and
discussing ROI. The Renewals Manager will work very closely with
the Account Management and Sales team to drive incredible renewal
rates and minimize churn. On this team, you will have the
opportunity to work alongside the Account Management, Sales,
Marketing, and Product teams, among others.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with internal and
- Gain a deep understanding of our pricing model, contract
structure, and flexibility within them.
- Participate in Account Manager led business reviews, and lead
Renewals Meetings as needed.
- Become well versed on the ROI and value proposition of
- Become a trusted business partner with customers and foster
effective conversations with them around benefits, digital health
strategies and how Calm fits in, all geared toward contract and
- A self-starter with excellent organizational skills and the
ability to handle various tasks.
- Highly skilled with discovery techniques and negotiation.
- Ability to collaborate with different individuals across the
organization and a "roll-up the sleeves" approach to accomplish all
- Exceptional communication skills in person, on the phone and
- Very comfortable using Salesforce on a day to day basis.
- At least 5 years of experience in Sales or Renewals role.
- Experience working in a fast paced start up environment.
- A passion for mental fitness and well being.
- Experience with project management and change management.
- Familiarity with the digital health and wellness
Calm is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion,
both in our hiring practices and in our experiences as a Calm
employee. We strive to create a mindful and respectful environment
where everyone can bring their authentic self to work, and
experience a culture that is free of harassment, racism, and
Calm is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We
do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national
origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender
expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an
individual with a disability, genetic information, political views
or activity, or other applicable legally protected
Calm is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations
for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans
in our job application procedures. Please inform Calm's Recruiting
team if you need any assistance completing any forms or to
otherwise participate in the application process.