At Hopin, we're reimagining virtual events.
As the first all-in-one virtual venue for live online events,
Hopin brings people together in a highly interactive and engaging
online experience that feels just like an in-person event, only
without the barriers. Whether it's a 50-person meetup, or a
50,000-person conference-any type of event organizer can host a
Hopin event for their attendees, speakers, sponsors, and vendors to
convene, learn, and interact face-to-face online. We're
spearheading the innovative technology that is enabling people to
gather online like never before.
Our mission is simple: better connections for a better
We believe in events without limits, but events that are
sustainable and accessible to everyone-and fun, too! To do this, we
need passionate builders and storytellers to join us. Do you love
people and technology and the magic that happens when they converge
at scale? Do you have the skills and experience we're looking for
to better serve our clients? If so, we'd like to meet.
We've been recently funded by a16z, General Catalyst, IVP,
Accel, DFJ Growth, Northzone, Coatue, Tiger Global, Salesforce
Ventures and many other high profile investors.
You will be designing and iterating on a distributed system
operating at high concurrency. You understand the challenges of
building a system that is both efficient and open for extension.
You have an in-depth understanding of database and storage
technologies, distributed system strategies and technologies, and
API design. You will be responsible for reviewing strategies from
your colleagues, as well as helping them improve and advise on
We are seeking a highly motivated individual who is comfortable
in a fast-paced, start-up environment, as well as collaborating
with a remote development team.
- 4+ years of experience as a technical architect or platform
- 6+ years of experience as a technical leader.
- Deep experience in relational database technologies, such as
- Experience of several storage systems (such as Redis,
Cassandra, DynamoDB, or others), knowledge of the trade-offs.
- Expert understanding of at least one pub sub system.
- Mastery on both REST and GraphQL APIs design.
- Internal knowledge Websockets
- Great communication skills.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking.
- Experience building distributed systems using AWS
Nice to haves
- Hands-on experience with Kafka.
- Experience with Ruby on Rails
- Knowledge of Rust
- Experience with big data and analytics.
- Experience with WebRTC, Live Streaming or other related video
- Experience working in an agile development environment
- Competitive salary
- Fully remote, global team
- Flexible schedules
- Laptop assigned, Mac or Dell (Windows)
- Health Insurance Support
- Parental Leave
- Monthly Wi-Fi stipend
- $800 USD for Home-Office set up
- $1500 USD for Learning & Development
At Hopin, we're committed to cultivating an environment that
promotes equality, diversity, and inclusion. We are a global
community and we believe our unique qualities must be celebrated as
they are critical to our innovation. It's essential to us that you
bring your authentic self to work every single day, no matter your
age, ethnicity, religion, citizenship, gender identity, sexual
orientation, disability status, neurodiversity, or otherwise.
Inclusion isn't just an initiative at Hopin. We strive to embed it
not just into our core values but throughout our entire